Lost Ekey A2B rfid controller torque sensor salvage

JeffMoore

1 µW
Big Island, Hawaii , Puna Rainforest, 96760
Hi all, So great to be here, I have been enthusiastic and passionate about ebikes for about 16 months now, 6 bikes so far and have situation i am trying to resolve:
I got a 2014 A2B Alva+ without battery, charger, or ekey. I've acquired a battery and charger 36v10Ah, to get things tested. I get 12v up to the display which is waiting for that rfid ekey to tell it to turn on. so, I am wondering If I use the 12volt going to the dark display, convert it to 5v and apply it to the hot side of the throttle connection is it likely that would power up the bus inside the epoxy potted controller that feeds the torque sensor and throttle so that it can be ridden under power? It is under powered by today's standards but the quality is very high on everything. Yes I could spend $500 on a new controller and display, baserunner/cycleanalyst, and get it going, but then what upgrade battery and charger for another 4-5 hundred, a $1000 on a 9 year old bike! I'm hoping to get lucky with back-feeding voltage into the controller and get it going before wasting money on a deluxe control system that might not make the bike rideable or sellable.

anyone familiar enough with controllers to say if it's a good risk. Otherwise it's dispose of this controller anyway, maybe get a KT cheap, tie the torque sensor to the throttle input and see what it does for around $60. I hate trashing anything that is still usable, for our envirenments sake.

thank you
jeff
A2B Alva+ 004 smaller.jpgEBike group 004.jpg

Back