Lucky me!

retread

10 mW
These are not yet available as far as I know, but the ever kindhearted souls at ebikes.ca set me up with their latest and greatest product, LED lighting, such that I could brave the dimly lit streets of Vancouver without (as much) fear of being mowed down.

Full specs and documentation to follow at their website in the near future, but in the meantime, I thought I'd show you what I got up to this evening...

f1215680.jpg
f183680 (Medium).jpg
f691776.jpg
View attachment 3
f1244288.jpg
f1506176.jpg
f1417728.jpg

Looks good!! The third picture from the bottom looks like some kind of alien. :shock:

Nice backdrops as well!

Very nice lights.I want a set like that.
The moment I saw Justin coming along Portage in the rain at 3 in the morning.I knew those lights would be great on my e-bike.
EDWIN

Can we get some more information on these? They look pretty good.

Thanks, HB

Not sure I like the big ol housings for so many led's. But if you want to BE seen, the bigger the lights the better, one little pinpoint, however bright, kinda dissapears where that setup gets noticed a lot better. Nothing wrong with them thinking your are a big mean harley rider at first. I have a bunch of little red led flashers that only cost a buck each. One isn't very noticable, but when I hang about 6 of em on the bike front and back, that does the trick. From any angle, you see at least 3 at a time.

Their size is a bit of an illusion as I've now noticed. Just compare the LED-blocks to my handgrips in image f691776 to get a better perspective.

I run the extra-large CA, and a rather narrow handlebar with two-finger brake levers. Overall, when combined with the halo of light surrounding some images, this tends to make the LEDs look a bit larger than they are, when in fact they are minuscule for their massive light output and tiny power consumption.

Perhaps somebody here has the equipment to run a more objective analysis?

They are indeed a great piece of kit as they would say in the UK..

This is the one that survived the 7000km trip across canada ! ( Notice the big honking HID light next to it, aparently not needed and barely used as the LED was enough )

Attachments

• LED-Light.JPG
    LED-Light.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 2,795
I see, in the pic I thought they were about 4" x4" Very nice! especially since they can be seen from a greater distance than a single pinpoint. For me, night lighting is more about being seen by some turkey going 60 mph. By the time he notices most tiny flashers, he's like " did i hit something?"

I got mine two weeks later and installed them, the first time, on the longest northern night of the year.
I've subsequently installed them two more times. Next time will be easier.
As a counter-point to your excellent images, I offer these bad phone pix:
badpix_front.jpg
badpix_rear.jpg

Zoot Katz - I keep reading insightful posts here from you...
I met you in the fall when the Ginger Ninjas were in town. Now that I'm electric assisted xtracycling, I'm stoked to see your setup - and have a deeper conversation about the postmodern/colonial relevance of that helmet.

Back