Ma yi bms bottom lights all flashing?....help..... what is it doing ? What is it telling me

bonboy1987

100 µW
I got a ma yi ant bms that's 320a max 120a continuous and I hooked it all up and got what I think is set right but I am having 3 problems. it is constantly flashing all the bottom lights! What does that mean? Video attached (I hope it works as this is my first post on this site) and also it is showing .6v lower than anything else I test it with my 2 multimeters say it is .6v higher than the bms says it is is there a fix for this? Also the 2 temp sensors aren't reading right I check them with multimeter they are working but the bms only reads one of the 2 have these bms stopped working for one temp channel before cause they both work if plugged into the first slot but the second channel doesn't read the temp sensor at all when I know the equipment is good I have checked the wire and sensors but still no signal from second thermistor??? Is there anything I can do to remedy this?

Attachments

• 20240313_140543.jpg
    20240313_140543.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
  • 20240313_141442.jpg
    20240313_141442.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
it is constantly flashing all the bottom lights! What does that mean?
What does the manual say the lights are for, and what their various states mean?

If the lights are for each channel, they may be indicators for the balancing or charge status for each channel. Flashing could indicate a problem with that channel, or that a balancing process is in progress, or it could mean something totally different.

it is showing .6v lower than anything else I test it with my 2 multimeters say it is .6v higher than the bms says it is
If the batteries in the meters are new (low batteries usually cause higher readings than actual), and the meters are accurate, then the BMS probably just can't measure correctly, assuming you're measuring at the exact same point in the circuit that the BMS takes it's measurements (at whatever pin(s) on whatever chip(s) that happens at).

Also the 2 temp sensors aren't reading right I check them with multimeter they are working but the bms only reads one of the 2 have these bms stopped working for one temp channel before cause they both work if plugged into the first slot but the second channel doesn't read the temp sensor at all when I know the equipment is good I have checked the wire and sensors but still no signal from second thermistor???
If they work on one channel, but not on another, then either that channel isn't wired up, isn't populated with all the needed parts, is defective, or isn't turned on in whatever setup process the BMS has (possibly a factory thing that the user-setup doesn't have in it).

Anything that doesn't work right in the BMS probably requires replacing the BMS to fix; there's no schematics and usually no parts for these things.

Anything that isn't documented in it's manual you'd probably have to determine experimentally, unless you can manage to communicate technically with the manufacturer to find out.

Back