Manta motors / ebay

mike5ive

100 mW
manta.jpg
DC MOTOR 1 / GENERATOR 10 hp - 12 24 48 Volt Etek 1 MT/Pattern Permanent Magnet
Has anyone purchased one of these dudes and what is your opinion of the thing if so
Thinking of running one in my little ebike @ 36v @40a...............2 hp ?

Thank you for your consideration

Blimey, they're expensive motors, but look pretty meaty:

Manta 10hp Motor

In one of the pictures, it looks like they have some kind of water cooling system. Is that right?

It can and has been done:
jackal2.jpg

However, many hubmotors and other mid drive motors can handle 36v40A. They may also be cheaper, lighter or more efficient.

electric bike.JPGcurrie.jpg[
I think what you're referring to ( that pic on ebay ) Is an air line / 6 psi of air blowing on the brushes......Not water but don't quote me
I can find no other mid drive motors that will allow for the use of pedals besides those stupid currie engines

I'd love to switch over to a hub motor but I'm already set up for a brushed motor, if i switch to the hub motor I'll have to change the controller too, no?
Then there's the 20in rim thing................

The currie motors are pretty weak. They are much smaller than the manta though! I have both sitting here, I'm not sure the manta will fit your bike!

I'm back at this project again, uncle Sam's been keeping me busy since my last post.
Message / To anyone and everyone whom happens by this thread. Do yourself a favor and stay away from the middle east, don't go there on vacation, to visit the holy land or nothing
The whole place is a cess-pool of ignorance that has a bad case of religious insanity
Yep that motor is a bit bigger isn't it. LOL
Guess i'm going to be busy working on the frame a bit, oh well it's better than working on keeping yourself alive 24 - 7

mike5ive said:
Message / To anyone and everyone whom happens by this thread. Do yourself a favor and stay away from the middle east, don't go there on vacation, to visit the holy land or nothing
The whole place is a cess-pool of ignorance that has a bad case of religious insanity

Well, you can thank the British mandate for that. Prior to WWI there wasn't so much trouble between the major players.

Another possibility for you is the Big Block.

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=57483

Back