Meeting A Troll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Philistine, how far did you have to bend over to snap that photo of yourself??

I wish mine looked that minorly tagged and healthy. During my life I have treated my body as a temple (of doom). Mine looks like someone threw a blue inky squid on the ground and went at with a with a ball peen hammer and had a lady tread all over it in high heel shoes (makes sense because it should look exactly like that - although I can't explain the blue inky squid bit - that part's a mystery)....

It's been suggested that each person have a user ID that is unique, so that everything we do online is recognized. It could have its pluses and minuses.

Online anonymity doesn't exist.

I was trolled by a guy who made a lot of threats and eventually found my work email address. He wrote "found ya" and I was pretty upset.

But I'm smarter than him (as evidenced by our debates online and his cowardice to resort to online attacks), so I tracked his IP address on my own and narrowed it right down to his very house address. Wasn't hard at all. Then I entered his name in the public database and found his criminal and civil court records. A total doosh.

Anyone can find anyone online in about fifteen minutes.

But as far as home security is concerned, I have that well-covered, starting with the best alarm system in the neighborhood: my dogs. And in the USA bullets are cheaper than candy, and available 24 hours a day, seven days a week all over town. Heck, in some parts of the USA you can buy whiskey and bullets at the same store. Crazy.

TylerDurden said:
*My personal definitions:

Troll(ing): provocation for self-gratification (no effect = no fun)
Harassment: focused antisocial behavior (this act is for you)
Hoax(ing): misinformation for fun and/or profit (you can fool all of the people some of the time)

so in your opinion, is Hyena a troll or not? :mrgreen:

Hmmm it now has more holes in than Swiss cheese.

http://www.resistradio.com/news/questioning-the-trollocaust-did-leotraynor-really-suffer-vile-hate-campaign

Hmmm it now has more holes in than Swiss cheese.

So Joseph C is the real Troll!!!

But as I said earlier, the truth of that story or not is irrelevant, there are so many worse real ones. As I said, just last weekend a guy died on a motorised bike in my city, and in the same day people were posting on a local forum how he deserved no sympathy and was stupid - would they have written a letter to the editor of the local paper saying that with their name attached to it? Or as I referred to, the Nikki Catsouras case, where people emailed photos of the dead daughter to the father: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikki_Catsouras_photographs_controversy

I am not saying that twenty years ago there wasn't the odd random case of whackos sending awful random nasty letters of abuse to people. I am just saying that a combination of the anonymous nature of the internet, and the power of distribution etc.. it gives people has caused people to start behaving in the most breathtaking ways. We have all seen news stories of people being goaded into killing themselves on chatrooms etc.. (and doing it).

Society is based on a reflexive system of normative regulation. In a society we constantly check our understanding of what is normal and acceptable against what is occuring around us. And when what is occuring is mindless idiots posting up random photos of busted sphincters emblazoned with gibberish.... god help us... now, where did I put that browser tab with theync.com loaded on it....

Philistine said:
Society is based on a reflexive system of normative regulation. In a society we constantly check our understanding of what is normal and acceptable against what is occuring around us. And when what is occuring is mindless idiots posting up random photos of busted sphincters emblazoned with gibberish.... god help us...
Oh yea, its a goddess help us moment in time .... but oh, god/goddess/gaia.. is just another non-normal concept arising in the human-monkey brain. Masters & Johnson proved there was no such thing as "normal" with their research. We really don't want to be so-called "normal." Just looking for confirmation that we're not so skewed as to cause a mob lynching. Thank god&(#$google$^&%whatever that lynchings are now virtual :!: Jeremy that refs for you as google is now more than god and I bow in obeisance.

Philistine wrote:Society is based on a reflexive system of normative regulation. In a society we constantly check our understanding of what is normal and acceptable against what is occuring around us. And when what is occuring is mindless idiots posting up random photos of busted sphincters emblazoned with gibberish.... god help us...

Oh yea, its a goddess help us moment in time .... but oh, god/goddess/gaia.. is just another non-normal concept arising in the human-monkey brain. Masters & Johnson proved there was no such thing as "normal" with their research. We really don't want to be so-called "normal." Just looking for confirmation that we're not so skewed as to cause a mob lynching. Thank god&(#$google$^&%whatever that lynchings are now virtual Jeremy that refs for you as google is now more than god and I bow in obeisance.

Clearly I should have put my sentence in 12 point Tongue-In-Cheek font, or perhaps thrown a few wink emoticons in for you for good measure - I guess I figured the sphincter reference was the only cyclops I needed.... :wink:

Philistine said:
Clearly I should have put my sentence in 12 point Tongue-In-Cheek font, or perhaps thrown a few wink emoticons in for you for good measure - I guess I figured the sphincter reference was the only cyclops I needed.... :wink:
Sorry, my monkey brain is too small to keep track of triple entendre threads... what were we talking about? goblins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back