Modify Water Scooter

momo

100 W
Here is something some of you haven't heard of. This scooter comes with two 12volt lead acid batteries for 24volt operation.
I removed them and added a Bosch fat pack 36volt. Big difference in speed, Probably close to 6mph now. The motor looks like a brushed motor which Dewalt uses in their cordless drills. What i want to do is get a brushless inrunner and try to go with 72volts. Any ideas????? I will post some pictures soon.
http://www.x-tremescooters.com/sea_scooters/x160/x160.html

Woah, just... woah. Dude, if one of those existed that was made my someone a little more reputable than x-treme, I'd definitely be interested in it. I doubt the extreme version is designed to take of forces of something above a nominal speed of like, maybe, 14 mph. Or possibly lower. Or possibly higher. Still, I wouldn't use it for upgrading.

The thing is, I have no idea where I'd use that. Maybe a giant pool...

Hmmm, thinking a little bit more, I wonder if it might be possible to use a water-designed outrunner motor (Maybe using a sea-ready form of steel? Does it exist?). If you could pump 3 kW through one in air, imagine how much power you could pump with the water circulating around it! It'd definitely be powerful!

You mean this one?

x-150-sea-scooter-cool-girl.jpg

And a higher-watt version:

VSsupercharged.jpg

Castle has one in their factory with a big ass outrunner and hv110 setup. I bet it frikin hauls! The hardest part is keeping the battery box water tight for deep underwater trips.

Back