mon-goose to MON-STER

I was running a fitness class at my kung fu school until Easter this year. Ebike making and riding has taken away from that a bit but I think I'm still fairly fit. 90kg body weight, can do 16 hand stand push ups against a wall. I can smash my heavy bag for 45 min on off no problem so I'm still doing OK.
Good segway to a video of my last fight?
Sanshou rules.... sort about the screaming , turn down the volume at the start.
[youtube]dT3tJ9Bk_iY[/youtube]

Fighting is fun, but drinking craft beer and Ebikes are more fun. Your conditioning is obviously tops. Last time I was in the ring was in Jan 07. I was so gassed after 3 two minute rounds with one minute rests between I could barely stand. Of course before that, my last time in the ring was back in 90. My fight condition has deteriorated a lot. I know if I can stop a fight within 30 seconds I am screwed now. :lol: So, 92 volts at 3amps, yep that 250 watts for so. How fun was that?

Rick

250 watts... good exercise, stupid long range, and er sort of legal.
I turned it up to 6kw when I got back to my local park where I made a mini trail with jumps and hit that, that's pretty good fun :)
I hope you enjoyed seeing my fight Rick. Good to hear you got in the ring to.

pendragon8000 said:
I turned it up to 6kw when I got back to my local park where I made a mini trail with jumps and hit that, that's pretty good fun :)

Yah, I boxed Golden Gloves for 3 years, freelstyle wrestled for 6 years, 1 year of Kenpo, and 1 year of Krav Maga. I am not very good at anything but a jack of trades so to speak. Also I have some SQT under my belt when I was attached to the Naval Special Warfare center. I can appreciate and see things that alot of people don't in the ring. You fight on the X, win by attrition and tenacity. Your skills being good, take a back seat to you just being tough. Man I admire that. Yep, if I lived near you, I would be fored to try and get into shape just so we could train and I would be a good work out for you. How many fights you have?

Rix said:
pendragon8000 said:

Yah, I boxed Golden Gloves for 3 years, freelstyle wrestled for 6 years, 1 year of Kenpo, and 1 year of Krav Maga. I am not very good at anything but a jack of trades so to speak. Also I have some SQT under my belt when I was attached to the Naval Special Warfare center. I can appreciate and see things that alot of people don't in the ring. You fight on the X, win by attrition and tenacity. Your skills being good, take a back seat to you just being tough. Man I admire that. Yep, if I lived near you, I would be fored to try and get into shape just so we could train and I would be a good work out for you. How many fights you have?
Only 3 over a couple years. Wing chun (the style I practice) is close range ("the x") , but I love kicking range, I was doing thousands of side kicks every week.

Any way, I was seeing how hard I could pedal the monster , getting ready to ride with the glow worm cycle guys on Friday from Adelaide to wood side 35-40 Km (with a steep incline section going into Adelaide hills)
I'll make it. Might increase I little.

Nice work on that pinching torque arm fella. Subscribed.

Samd said:
Nice work on that pinching torque arm fella. Subscribed.
Cheers Samd.

I'm not sure about which bike to take now because I just rode the Scott spark on 200watt and seemed faster and Easter to pedal. Its battery is 690wh compared to monsters 900wh so I'm not sure its worth it. Pretty much cancels out the efficiency of the lighter 29er.

Also I did 99.8km on Friday riding from home to Victoria park racecourse,ten with the group to wood side . Charged and rested talked bikes met some nice folks. Adelaide guys Rode back via balhana bridge water sterling crafers eagle on the hill and then we went our seperate ways At the toll gate.

Dunks vid.
[youtube]t0zDQl8Q8kc[/youtube]
Btw my wh/km was about 10 overall, maby a bit less after rolling down the old freeway at the end.

Rix said:
Great vids, that was a very long traffic light. I probably would have ran it.

Rick
Yeah, that's a bit risky in the CBD. The cops here seem fairly tolerant of the way I mix it up with traffic, but blatenly breaking a law will get too much attention.
I don't know what the deal was with that light, might have seemed longer 'cos there were no cars.

pendragon8000 said:
Rix said:
Great vids, that was a very long traffic light. I probably would have ran it.

Rick
Yeah, that's a bit risky in the CBD. The cops here seem fairly tolerant of the way I mix it up with traffic, but blatenly breaking a law will get too much attention.
I don't know what the deal was with that light, might have seemed longer 'cos there were no cars.

Sheeeiiit man, it looked long a video. Damn cops, never can tell about what they will do or say. :mrgreen:

Yeah uncle Rick, cops are people and unpredictable as such. Not like crack heads are, but everyone is unique even if they're wearing a uniform.
Anyway I broke a spoke on the HT3525 so I contacted ebikes.CA, pretty much my fav company for ebike stuff. To get those custom cut spokes that are made of premium 13g instead of god knows what stretchy shit crystalyte uses. There spokes just get longer and longer. Hopefully some hi quality spokes will hold the crazy torque and slamming I give the wheel.
Just waiting for them to confirm they know the ERD of the stock ht3525 rim and I'll order up.
Any suggestions re spokes or rim while I'm at it are welcome but phat rims are sorta hard to find. (Double wall for goodness sake)
Edit:
They are renovating until 8th September.
This seems to happen to me alot , damn it... anyway.Just looking at other goodies from ebikes.CA if i get spokes.

pendragon8000 said:
Yeah uncle Rick, cops are people and unpredictable as such. Not like crack heads are, but everyone is unique even if they're wearing a uniform.
Anyway I broke a spoke on the HT3525 so I contacted ebikes.CA, pretty much my fav company for ebike stuff. To get those custom cut spokes that are made of premium 13g instead of god knows what stretchy shit crystalyte uses. There spokes just get longer and longer. Hopefully some hi quality spokes will hold the crazy torque and slamming I give the wheel.
Just waiting for them to confirm they know the ERD of the stock ht3525 rim and I'll order up.
Any suggestions re spokes or rim while I'm at it are welcome but phat rims are sorta hard to find. (Double wall for goodness sake)
Edit:
This seems to happen to me alot , damn it... anyway.Just looking at other goodies from ebikes.CA if i get spokes.

Got your PM, no worries for sure. And very true. I like Ebikes.ca. I have spoken with Justin via email, he is a great guy. Now if you want the best 13g spokes out there, contact Phil Wood. You will probably spend 60-80 bucks with shipping, but his are the best. Ebikessf uses his spokes, and for all I know Ebikes.ca uses his as well. On the Stealth thread, I posted my technique for getting the spokes hub, and rim attached. I have had a couple of successful lace jobs, 1X is simple as radial imo, but I am not a wheel smith. What I can tell you is if you put all of the spokes in the hub first, then starting at 12 and 6 oclock on the rim, attach the spokes simultaneously at both positions by screwing the nipple onto each spoke at about 1-1.5 turns. Bouncing back and forth between 12 and 6, go all of the way around the rim first. One the spokes are in then you just keep finger tightening them one turn at a time until you cant turn the nipple with your fingers. Then put that wheel on your bike, and tape two pens or pencils on each side of the swingarm at the leading edge of the bead. This is where the truing starts. As you keep tightening the spokes, watch your rim and how it moves between the pencils. If the rim shift is to the right, tighten the spokes on the left side of the flange and pull the rim over. I find as you do this process through out the tightening phase, Spoke tension is much more equal when done. After everything is aligned and tightened go around your entire wheel and turn each spoke another 1/3rd turn, then back off 1/8th turn. This is going to take the twist torque out of the bend on the flange and will decrease your chances of breaking a spoke. BTW, check spokes and repeat above process after each ride. By the 3rd ride or so, they should take a set and not loosen up anymore.

Rick

Thanks mate, just emailed them for a quote with shipping.

Rix said:
pendragon8000 said:
Edit:

Got your PM, no worries for sure. And very true. I like Ebikes.ca. I have spoken with Justin via email, he is a great guy. Now if you want the best 13g spokes out there, contact Phil Wood. You will probably spend 60-80 bucks with shipping, but his are the best. Ebikessf uses his spokes, and for all I know Ebikes.ca uses his as well. On the Stealth thread, I posted my technique for getting the spokes hub, and rim attached. I have had a couple of successful lace jobs, 1X is simple as radial imo, but I am not a wheel smith. What I can tell you is if you put all of the spokes in the hub first, then starting at 12 and 6 oclock on the rim, attach the spokes simultaneously at both positions by screwing the nipple onto each spoke at about 1-1.5 turns. Bouncing back and forth between 12 and 6, go all of the way around the rim first. One the spokes are in then you just keep finger tightening them one turn at a time until you cant turn the nipple with your fingers. Then put that wheel on your bike, and tape two pens or pencils on each side of the swingarm at the leading edge of the bead. This is where the truing starts. As you keep tightening the spokes, watch your rim and how it moves between the pencils. If the rim shift is to the right, tighten the spokes on the left side of the flange and pull the rim over. I find as you do this process through out the tightening phase, Spoke tension is much more equal when done. After everything is aligned and tightened go around your entire wheel and turn each spoke another 1/3rd turn, then back off 1/8th turn. This is going to take the twist torque out of the bend on the flange and will decrease your chances of breaking a spoke. BTW, check spokes and repeat above process after each ride. By the 3rd ride or so, they should take a set and not loosen up anymore.

Rick

Looks like you had some fun. Why did the car beep? Was at you?
Personally I reckon in your first vid you need to mount your camera either on chest or head, it takes out the bumps and wild turning left right of the handle bars.

Keep the vids coming... :D

John Bozi said:
Looks like you had some fun. Why did the car beep? Was at you?
Personally I reckon in your first vid you need to mount your camera either on chest or head, it takes out the bumps and wild turning left right of the handle bars.

Keep the vids coming... :D
The car beeped at me I was on the other bike and shot out a bit wide and just crossed slightly into the right turn lane on the wrong side of the road the car was entering. I could have saved it if needed but just kinda went with it seeing as there was tines of room. I guess they didn't like it, I just smiled and noded to them.
Yeah a chest mount would be good.
Might ask gloworm if they can hook me up with spkoes.
Edit.
Justin replied even though they are closed for renovations. He says it should be 168mm so I'll measure 1 tonight and see.

seeing as Abraham is on the perth to sydney tour I think the high quality spokes they do at glow worm are unavailable till he is back to cut them. just waiting to hear back from him. If the http://glowwormbicycles.com.au guys cant do it atm, ill order from here http://holmeshobbies.com/Sapim-Stainless-Custom-Spokes.html.
Edit:
Ordered from holmeshobbies... Gloworm guys are touring and ebikes.CA are renovating.
Price $50 ish with a couple spared and $50 express postage.

Anyway. With my Scott the 12watt led light died. Looks like the dc-dc converter is working but the leds are burnt out. So I'm making a new led light similar to what's on the monster. 1 row of 10° , 1 row 45° .
Its costing me less than $15 and can be either 24 or 30 watt.

Alright. I got a new seat post that clamps down allot better. Feels good to be able to trust the seat won't pivot back when I slam a jump.
I tightened up the spokes on the motor and feels much more solid.
Also used the bike shops digital calipers to measure the crystalyte rim, 38mm outside width. I thought it was more like 45mm or something. Anyway the Alex dx is wider (1mm lookout!) But u suspect its also stronger.
I tryed to show off at a party last night and power wheelied over a speed hump... frocked it right up! Went sideways Nd landed on my hands and hip.

3 band aids later...

Anyway had some nice night ride through the park lands.

Haha yeah Bozi. Man I wish some one got it on camera. Was a bit sore holding the handle bar today. Just on the BBQ now after doing a lap of Adelaide through the park lands. We did a high speed run on the old bit of F1 track. (My mate Scope and I)
Nah I don't have the Alex dx rim. I'm still waiting for Holmes hobbies to tell me if they have cut my spokes or if I can change my order. I'd rather upgrade the rim and get spoke to match.

Back