Mongoose dolomite fatbike? 7spd, disk brakes, INEXPENSIVE

Hi. I've read the thread and wanted to know if anyone could help me out. I'm planning on picking one of these up and a 48v 1000w kit off of ebay. My issue is I got lost on the install of the rear wheel. The op welded a piece on and I'm not sure if it's a necessary step or just something specific for his build. My goals are 25 to 30 mph, 20 to 30 miles and will be on mostly smooth roads and occasionally dirt/slight hills when I go camping. My main concern is if the ebay kit will require more then shims to install on this bike.

Hopefully this made sense I wanted to give all the info I could to get a good response.

You need to make sure the axle length on the kit you buy is at least 220mm long. Other than that, you can adapt all other aspects of the build without welding anything. But there is the problem of the narrow rim that comes on most standard kits. I just bought a bare motor and laced it into a 100mm wide rim since I already had a spare controller and other stuff. I think I've already posted pictures in this thread.
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=62023&start=100#p985068

I was thinking of this one. Could you take a look?
http://m.ebay.com/itm/48v-1500w-26-Fat-Bike-Fat-Tire-Rear-Wheel-Ebike-Conversion-Kit-Sine-Wave-Ctrl-/191598927682?nav=SEARCH

I just realized that it had a 175 mm axle and won't work. I can't find any kits that have anything better.

That kit should work fine. The axle isn't 175mm. That's the width of the dropouts it needs. The axle is probably even more than 220mm which would be a plus. Nice find.

danjpendleton said:

View attachment 1

Rode it the past few days. just ordered a beer rack for the front. love this bike. Might want to pick up a thudbuster and a better seat.

I Like your setup.

What rear pannier and which triangle bag is that?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449024419.580435.jpg

ive been loving the bike. itll hit almost 40 on flats but i usually cruise and pedal around 26-29 mph.

its a lot of fun

Has anybody put a dual leg kickstand on theirs yet?

The stock one pretty much sucks!

danjpendleton said:

ive been loving the bike. itll hit almost 40 on flats but i usually cruise and pedal around 26-29 mph.

its a lot of fun

What bike rack do you have and how did you mount it with no mounting location on my Dolomite?

04streetfire said:
danjpendleton said:

its a lot of fun

What bike rack do you have and how did you mount it with no mounting location on my Dolomite?

Rack looks like an Axiom Fatliner. The top stays are mounted to the seatpost collar, and the bottom stays are screwed to the rear dropouts. Those dropouts don't look like current production Mongoose Dolomite, so either it's an earlier version or it's a different bike.

Back