Mongoose dolomite fatbike? 7spd, disk brakes, INEXPENSIVE

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425561895.153859.jpg

Getting there.

how adjustable are these derailleurs? Now that my dropouts are beefed up, the smallest cog in the rear is about 10mm farther in than before and the derailleur hanger is the same....

can anybody enlighten me on whether most derailleurs are adjustable enough to make up for this slightly offset freewheel.

I was thinking i could probably bolt it in from the inside of the hanger to take up 5mm or so, but it will still be 5mm off total.

I want all 7 gears to be functional

yes it is the axiom fatliner rack. had to drill a hole in each rack bracket, but then i just stuck a bolt through the factory triangle holes in the dolomite dropouts with a washer and nut on the backside. just ordered a seatpost clamp that has welded nuts on it for the other mounting arms to bolt to- its a "problem solver" seatpost clamp made specifically to aid in rack mounting.

looks like the derailleur is going to work. it swings far enough between the gears, just need to make some slight adjustments

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425774265.395303.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425774284.345013.jpg

Ill only have 3 gears but im fine with that. need to run cables and wiring. Thing will be up in running next week

just went on my maiden voyage today.
I had to use a big screw on freewheel spacer and a 5 speed instead of the 7 speed that came with the bike.
But it all worked great! I could get all the gears while using the gas engine.
I could go with the gas or the mxus 3000 4t v1. and the best part is I still can use regen braking while im running the gas.
The 5 speed has a nice big granny gear too.
Top speed at 120% throttle on 18fet 65amp 18s lipo was 42mph. with the mxus

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426329178.329778.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426329188.247732.jpg

Rode it the past few days. just ordered a beer rack for the front. love this bike. Might want to pick up a thudbuster and a better seat.

danjpendleton said:
Might want to pick up a thudbuster and a better seat.

Better seat, sure. My favorite plastic saddle is the Electra Cruiser saddle with elastomers. It is surprisingly firm, but generously sized (a rare combination) and has been reliable for me at body weights of over 400 pounds.

The Cloud 9 Cruiser Select is much softer, but slotted so that isn't so much of a problem. It's big without being too big for small-to-normal sized people. It's cheap,too.

Try lower tire pressure before you buy a Thudbuster.

Stainless Torque arms

Attachments

• ta1.jpg
    ta1.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 4,751
  • TA2.jpg
    TA2.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 4,751
It's official. The Dolomite with a 6T MXUS DD Hub is my new favorite ride.

The Torque off the line is incredible and the fat bike look gets noticed.

I get thumbs up from motorists every time I ride. 8)

[youtube]HgaBVrD7lPw[/youtube]

2015-06-23 18.11.27.jpgMy Dolomite with mxus 3k watt, 5t, 66v, 16ah lipo.24 speeds 3.45" BOA'S. ORIGIN8 DHL 101.

3G's tires labeled 3.45" are actually about 2.7" on typical rims if your measure them. That's too narrow for your fatbike's rims. The tire profile is all wrong and the rims will be subject to damage because they stick out past the tire.

have about 100 miles on the now. they handle well for the streets I ride them on. And the front is an 80 mm Origin8

Does anyone have motors for these in stock now?

Axle width of typical standard rear hub motors is 220mm so there's no reason you can't use a standard hub motor in one. Many have done it, including me. The only real issue is getting the disc to match up with the brake calliper. and that can be accomplished easily with shims. Use jam nut inside both dropouts. Standard MXUS 3000 in mine.
dol3.JPG

thats what im ridding with moto wheels from roadrash. 280 18650 in frame bag and rack case

Attachments

• IMG_20150607_145043_053.jpg
    IMG_20150607_145043_053.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 4,395
I bought the leaf motor 1500 watt, and it is only 200 mm so it wont work. Any specific suggestions, preferably with a recommended vendor?

The hs3540 from ebikes.ca is reliable but takes some fiddling to fit. Sounds like the mxus 3000 watt is a pretty good motor though

fatbike rider said:
thats what im ridding with moto wheels from roadrash. 280 18650 in frame bag and rack case

I like that rear rack, protects the batteries. I was thinking putting my controller there, from the BMSB similar style rack.

danjpendleton said:
The hs3540 from ebikes.ca is reliable but takes some fiddling to fit. Sounds like the mxus 3000 watt is a pretty good motor though
http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=63819&hilit=roadrash

I had an issue with my lyen extreme modder controller 45A. after about a month and a half it started losing current output. it shouldnt have burnt up[IMP]
I sent it back to him to take a look

Back