• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

More Volts for speed battery mounting help

need4spd

100 µW
I have a 36v 7.5ah battery. Top speed was only 15mph. So got on ebay a 48v 12ah battery so top speed should be 20mph.

Old battery has the 4 female prong connector at the bottom as shown.
36vBattery.jpg

New battery has nothing at the bottom and the power output is at the top.
48vBattery.jpg

Does anybody know of a good route to wire this so I can switch inbetween batteries?
The new battery doesn't mount either is there any adapter kits out there?

How is the old pack charged? Is there a separate connection for charging or are 2 of the 4 prongs meant to charge the pack? Will need to know how the 4 prong works to properly wire your new pack. New pack 3 prong looks like its for charging... IE on board charger in the pack, is there any other port you may have overlooked? Mounting should be sold by the ebay seller you purchased from. Looks like its meant for a notched drop in cage with hole for keyed deadlock which is specific to a bike model they probably sell...

The old battery has a decicated 3 prong power cord. New one is a single prong charger port. I have both chargers. Its their power outputs are different. Technically i just need to get a female adapter for the 4 prong going into tue controller if anybody can source that. You can see if in tje first pictire. I can only seem to find male.versions of it.

Back