Motor running backwards...

kerryk

1 µW
Had my chain snap at 60 kph...it damaged the wire casing leading to rear hub motor & some of the individual wires inside. None apppear to be broken. After taping eveything up, the motor makes a grinding type noise & spins backwards. Its a direct drive rear hub motor...any ideas what is going on?

Sounds like somehow you got your phase wires out of order. Go back and double check that your phase wires are connected properly.

Sounds like somehow you got your phase wires out of order. Go back and double check that your phase wires are connected properly.
None of the individual wires were broken...just the plastic casing torn exposing the wire itself I wrapped up these wires with electrical tape & then rewrapped the entire bundle...

None of the individual wires were broken...just the plastic casing torn exposing the wire itself I wrapped up these wires with electrical tape & then rewrapped the entire bundle...
Could you have pulled out one or more of the Hall sensors? If they are in the wrong position that could do what you state.

OK time for some serious diagnosis.

Go here and: Troubleshooting - Learn

Test for Blown Mosfets

Test for a Defective Hall Sensor

Back