Motorists beware: new fancy E-bikes

LockH

1 PW
Ummm.. Started out in Victoria BC Canada, then sta
... are taking Auckland by storm. Short video from New Zealand:
https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-zealand/motorists-beware-new-fancy-e-bikes-taking-auckland-storm

hehe "... a growing number of Aucklanders biking "smarter" on e-bikes"

"... a 250 watt hub motor" :oops: OK, maybe not TOO "fancy".

"... hearing reports of a 35-40% growth in e-bike sales" :mrgreen:

"top speeds of 35 km/h". Amusing. Canadian/provincial top speed under motor slightly less at 32km/h.

"starting models going for about $2000 each". Guess that's NZ dollars. Currently about $1420 US dollars.

Oh my....35km/h,, we're only allowed to do 25 here in Aus. Seems we've been done again by our neighbours 'just across the ditch'
At least they have the sense to limit their wild machines to 250w. Lest they go crazy :roll:

kdog said:
Oh my....35km/h,, we're only allowed to do 25 here in Aus. Seems we've been done again by our neighbours 'just across the ditch'
At least they have the sense to limit their wild machines to 250w. Lest they go crazy :roll:

NZ allows 300W and a throttle with no speed limitation.

kdog said:

It could be worse. At least they have not passed laws requiring on board fire extinguishers for those dangerous exploding batteries. :eek: :p :oops:

I'll put a sticker on mine: "This ebike is certified not to exceed 20 Kw under normal usage" :D

Back