mtx 48v controller can it handle 52 volts

Kyleraee94

1 mW
Hi any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have an mtx 26inch 2000 watt kit it says on the controller 36/48v.
My battery is taking a while to come and some one has offered me a 52v 17.5 ah. Would this work with my controller for now untill my battery arives.

Thanks.

The answer is probably, but with no guarantees. The only way to know for sure it to know what voltages your controller capacitors and mosfets are valued for. To check that out, you need to open your controller and look at the components and figure out the values. The capacitors have the value printed on them. For the mosfets you may need to look up the data sheet .

Most 48v lithium battery packs charge higher then their rated value.

Is the 52v pack you are being offered a new pack? I ask this because I can not get 12, or 13, or 14 cells to divide evenly into 52v.

52v / 12 = 4.3v
52v / 13 = 4v
52v / 14 = 3.7v

It sounds to me like the pack you have been offered is really a 48v pack.

Do this, inquire as to the number of cells in series in the pack you are being offered. This will give you the information you need to determine if it is really a 48v pack.

:D :bolt:

Thanks for your reply mate i am very much a novice at this so what you have told me has helped.
i was able to find a good source in the uk who was able to sort me out with a battery that will work

Thanks

Hello any help appreciated. I have bought another battery for my bike mtx2000w kit the original battery with it is a 48v 14ah. And my new one is 52v 21ah will the new one work with my controller without issues ?
Like i say any help very much appreciated 20210224_112828.jpg20210224_112912.jpg

Yes, your system will most likely be fine with the higher voltage battery. The limiting factor would be the rating of the cap.s in the controller which will be at least 54 Volts and possibly 63V.
The LVC (Low Voltage Cut-off) function of the controller will no longer be useful, so you will need to affirm the battery's BMS has this function. Their website gives no info in this regard, so if I were you, I would contact them and ask. It's important to have a LVC.
The gd. news is, w/ a capacity of 21 Ah.s, it seems unlikely you will be plumbing the depths of that battery's capacity.

No problem.

Thanks very much mate! I have sent an email to the company to find out. If its has lvc that should be fine to go ?

Thanks kyle

Back