My first run on my new 5303 motor

If you are addicted to heroin, you can quit by not using it anymore. You can't say the same about food! Imagine that you had to do heroin everyday to survive, not only that but it's available everywhere, sold on TV, and cheap as hell. Kinda hard to stop being a junkie, ain't it?
velias said:
You guys need to lose some weight
Your range would increase.
I guess its hard not to do something, like eat.

I got you all beat 320lb me plus 35+lb pack a 15lb motor and at 45lb bike... no broken spokes no flats. And a 40 mph top speed. My GM doesnt like it one bit! lol mines doesnt cog that bat i can pedal 16-18 mph constant.

MrKang said:
Hi Morphh Can we see a picture of this creation ? :p

Yes, maybe tomorrow. Put the bike up for the day. I went 32 mph down a stretch of street today.

I have a 5303 running off a Ping 48v20ah. Lots of fun hitting close to 40mph. With regard to flat tires; I started using Mr. Tuffy liners and have not had a flat in over a year. Tried the Slim tube thing... just ended up with a big mess. Although it's been a lot of fun, I'm going to sell the motor as my project for the winter is to build a light weight bike with a geared motor. I said this last winter, but damnit... it's going to happen this time. :)

Attachments

• o155410332.jpg
    o155410332.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 1,393
I finally got around to taking pictures of my bike. This is the ugly side. It's the side with the torque arm that I wanted people to see. Let me know what you think of it. The torque arm is on backwards. It was the only way I could get it on.

(I'm sorry about the ads on the picture links...just click enter...had no idea that it'd have ads pop-up like that)

sorry...pics below...without ads...edited

Pizark,

You should just sell the whole bike as one-piece. It's a very elegant build!

Start over & build the geared rig as an entirely new unit.

Pron popups, dude!

You're gonna get me killed!

morph999 said:
(I'm sorry about the ads on the picture links...just click enter...had no idea that it'd have ads pop-up like that)

use http://www.photobucket.com instead. great facilities to edit and use for photo's on sites.

Nice bike ! Nothing wrong with that ! Don't sell just modify the front forque

Hi morph999, what battery are you ussing? what's the max range of your setup?

Thank you man

maesitos said:
Hi morph999, what battery are you ussing? what's the max range of your setup?

Thank you man

I'm buying a new battery in about a week. It'll be a 36v 20ah lifepo4. My SLA's are dead now. Almost unuseable. If you like joy riding, I don't recommend anything under about 15ah for SLA and about 10 -15 ah for lifepo4. I like going out about 5 to 10 miles and joy riding around the neighborhood. I got 60v 9ah SLA on it right now and it's not anywhere near enough for me. Plenty of speed but not enough distance.

if you like a bike that's powerful and fast, the 5303 is great. Get a bike with no suspension and then get some maxxis hookworms, the real big ones so that they absorb the bumps in the road and it shouldn't be a problem. I don't like suspension bikes because it's too much maintenance. I like frames that last for decades. I still have my huffy from 1993 and it still works. I can deal with the bumps. I can't deal with a frame that will break though.

In my review, I should have said that the "5303 felt like a jet aircraft". The hub is very very quiet but when you turn the throttle, it feels like a jet.

If you want to go with SLAs on the 5303, I recommend getting 3 EB-20-12's...the B&B 12v20ah . Going with a 36v 20ah configuration. Even on the 5303, the 36v will get you close to 30 mph. That's plenty fast enough for me.

Or if you are worried about keeping up with traffic, maybe a 48v15ah config would be better.

TPA said:
Pron popups, dude! You're gonna get me killed!
Yah. What he said... Who is this "Jasmine"? Why is she wiggling around like that? She appears to be in some discomfort...
loCk

sorry....here they are without ads...

38385dsc00005122396lo.jpg

38387dsc00006122535lo.jpg

38390dsc00007122352lo.jpg

Yeah, you can definitely feel the cogging on the 5303. More power = more cogging when you don't have a freewheeling motor. When it's time to invest in batteries, be sure you're real conservative and get something with plenty of C rating. I ran through a set of NiMH batteries in 5 months by pushing them too hard on my 5303. The chemistry isn't nearly as important as getting a battery that can handle the max current draw. My cycle analyst routinely shows 50A peaks even though I always pedal when I ride.

morph999 said:
anyone else who has an X5, do you feel a cogging effect when you are pedaling ?

Pedaling? Pedaling? What is this "Pedaling"? Is that when you push the throttle down? :p

Seriously, I felt cogging when I broke my front hub {a cheap Chinese affair} but not when it was working.

I guess there is really a lot of copper in the X5.

My 5304 coggs a lot, probobally why I got it so cheap. It can actually skid across the slick painted garage floor at first. Pedaling it without power is unthinkable. It's all the huge magnets.

The cogging is an effect of the pole shape (steel concentration) and the magnet/ pole ratio. The closer to 1:1 magnet/ pole ratio, the lower the cogging. I haven't cracked the cover off my 5303 yet, so I don't know what the counts are.

Back