[nearly original] An update on what I know from my end

Status
Not open for further replies.
nicobie said:
Is trevor starving?

compassionate? owe? reasonable?

This is getting stupid. I thought most here were engineering types, free thinkers. How about lets crunch the numbers.

I'm posting too much about this problem. Time for a break

Word.. i need a break too. Mental energy is sapped from this 3 day forum dramafest. Time for a ride. Hopefully something will distract me. :)

I am mentally destroyed

Justin was up till at least 5AM crafting that post
Luke has been racing for 3 days
Green Wheels has not slept for a week

I am going to go poke around some of the more easy going threads for while. Tyler Durden is awesome :p

-methods

justin_le said:
This has been discussed plenty behind the scenes, but naturally Trevor has indicated he'd much prefer to work something out financially with one or a few people rather than with a massive collection pool, which gets complicated even more by the NDA.
Can I just make a point, that I think a lot of members will likely agree on.. If we as a community do buy the site back from Trevor, the sale price must be made public. No NDAs this time. Either we go all in or all of this has been a waste of time.

neptronix said:
Word.. i need a break too. Mental energy is sapped from this 3 day forum dramafest. Time for a ride. Hopefully something will distract me. :)

I've taken advantage to escape the dramafest the best 2 ways I know how, working on a new and improved ebike and going for more ebike rides. I hate to see Justin foot some big bill on behalf of us all, because I feel he does enough for our common cause already, but I'll support him in my own small ways regardless. At the end of the day that's his decision, and his or his group's alone. I believe that ultimately this problem will make us a closer and stronger brotherhood united by our common interest, so I'll take this extra opportunity to ride baby ride. I suggest anyone stressed by the events of the past few days hop on their ebike and forget everything but the moment. 8)

John

nicobie said:
mdd0127 said:
I've got it all backed up and I'm out regardless.

The only way I'd ever join and post at another forum again is if it was a non-profit, open source, member supported, PRIVATE forum with very tightly screened members that are chosen for their commitment to the cause, their principals, and their ideas.

what fuc'n bullshit :roll:

Agreed.. we need active participants, an open door to all levels of smart to stupid, it makes for interesting reading on a daily basis. I do enjoy reading instruction manuals but i need a break for some funny stuff once in a while.

Hi all, been away for a couple of days, did i miss anything?

D

:mrgreen:

Well.... You were fingered as the man behind the "big fail" mask
that didn't last long though...

-methods

mdd0127 said:

The only way I'd ever join and post at another forum again is if it was a non-profit, open source, member supported, PRIVATE forum with very tightly screened members that are chosen for their commitment to the cause, their principals, and their ideas.

Probably not going to happen. :roll:

A group that all had the same fundamentalist zeal? The great strength of humankind is not our commonality. It is our diversity - our ability to think differently from one another.

Your suggestion is the equivalent of a small group of people cutting themselves off from the rest of humanity. Eventually, they would die out as inbreeding destroyed their immune systems and created other deformities.

Such a forum would remove plurality.

People that are united around causes (seemingly the more well-intentioned ones as well) often flock to the so-called 'hero' figure - the leader of the group. A member of my family has personal experience with a so-called 'hero' figure that I loathe. Thankfully, it has not cost them any money that I am aware of (it has cost others) but they do live in a fearful space. And still no matter how much reason and rhetoric I employ, their views of this 'hero' will not change.

I think hero worship is one of people's great flaws. Putting individuals on pedestals is another way of believing that they are superior to you and, by extension, that you are inferior to them. People that become hero figures are, with few exceptions, never what we make them out to be. They are a fiction that we create to placate our insecurities.

Deeds and actions, on the other hand should always be praised and reflect well on a person's character. There is nothing wrong with admiring people, or more pertinently, certain aspects of people. They are many people that should be admired.

Having a forum that is closed and gathered around people who all believe in the same thing would create all of the negatives above.

Hi Nick,
MitchJi said:
I think all of us as human beings owe it to ourselves and our fellow human beings to try to go beyond just solutions and try to find compassionate solutions. Do any of us owe the millions of starving refugee's in Somalia anything? No, but we are better human beings if we all try to help each other as much as we reasonably can.

nicobie said:
jesus H christ...

Just what in the hell does that have to do with what is going on here?

Is trevor starving?

compassionate? owe? reasonable?

This is getting stupid. I thought most here were engineering types, free thinkers. How about lets crunch the numbers.

My response to your question:
What it has to do with what's going on here is that the world would be a much better place if in response to an unfair situations compromise and compassion were our first response and going to war was our last option. I think if we want a more civil and peaceful world we need to try to bring those attitudes into all our dealings with others.

My response to your lack of civility (trying my best not to accept your gift):
Buddha - Forgiveness extinguishes the fire of anger.

A man visited Lord Buddha when he was living in the forest and started criticizing him. He continued until it got dark. When the man realized it was dark he was worried about finding his way home and started to leave.

Buddha said before you go I would like to ask you one question:
"If someone brings you a present which you don't accept who does the present belong to?"

The man said "it belongs to the person who brought it."

Buddha said:
"Brother, listen to me: if the receiver refuses to accept the gift offered to him it remains with the giver. I refuse to accept the gift you have brought for me."

Then he gave him a lantern to help him find his way home.

It's much easier to attack than to compromise and forgive. I know because I frequently do that myself.

:oops: ,low blood sugar ramblings.sorry.

Endless sphere could take a leaf out of this forum http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/ ... love the design, simplicity and the non-commercial aspects of it. A great forum.

for what my opinion is worth ...
Lets move on to another "sphere". .. so long old friend !
we dont owe Trevor anything,..not even our time to attempt to resolve this at no cost...and certainly i would never pay him to retrieve what is now old information.
We can always surf back to this old site to retrieve any info we need if necessary.

For a while there, this thread was building faster than i could read and catch up ! :eek: :shock:

And methods .. thanks for the leadership,..but lay off the sugar & caffeine... short term solution but a long term risk.

deecanio said:
Hi all, been away for a couple of days, did i miss anything?

D

:lol: hahahaha, thanks D. after sitting here reading 10 pages on pins and needles I appreciate a good laugh.

again, thanks to methods for stepping up and kicking ass. can't thank you enough. also thanks to....... you know who you are :mrgreen: you guys rock.

There are all to many threads on ES that are page after page of CAD drawings, posts planning and discussing the idea/design at length with nothing actually ever produced, just a whole lot of talk about how to do it , this thread reminds me of such threads, ES has gone as we new it, time to move to new home and start compiling a new data base to continue the e-revolution.

I know of one forum already setup by a well respected and trusted member, Methods mentioned he new of several so , rather than waffling on for another 20 pages how hard done by we are and how poor ole' Trevor will vote etc etc etc lets actually be productive, gather the articles we want kept post them on the new forum!

Can someone please' email me when you all start the new forum, be happy to help populate the board with content new and old.

Lastly, thankyou too Methods for keeping us updated and trying to save the forum, lets now move forward buddy, focus all your efforts on making a better NEW forum!

KiM

Forgive me if this has already been asked...

Since the forum has left the hands of KnightMB regardless of the outcome, wouldn't that mean the use of the "Endless Sphere" name would be gone as well?

Wouldn't the forum have to be renamed anyway?

MitchJi said:
...It's much easier to attack than to compromise and forgive. I know because I frequently do that myself.
Other than attack, or compromise and forgive, there is always the option to leave and forget. It takes two sides to make a war, we don't have to be one of them. I say: Let the seller and buyer make a war over ES, while we leave and build something better. None of us is afraid to build, and we don't need to defend or negociate this territory. We are not after a market, the commercial value of ES domain name is nothing to us.

Justin is too good to spend his time (and maybe money) in negociation. Anywhere we build, will be where the knowledge can be found in a very short time. The value of our community is in its intense activity, and our common will to improve. It has nothing to do with a domain name, that will lose any commercial value after we're gone.

Little bit of topic...

But seens like only the ebike addicteds are fighting for the ES community... does anyone else noticed that?

mdd0127 said:

Probably not going to happen. :roll:

yeah, I was just thinking the same thing, "if we could just get rid of all these damned uninvited NOOBS"......... :lol:

MadRhino said:
Other than attack, or compromise and forgive, there is always the option to leave and forget. It takes two sides to make a war, we don't have to be one of them. I say: Let the seller and buyer make a war over ES, while we leave and build something better. None of us is afraid to build, and we don't need to defend or negociate this territory. We are not after a market, the commercial value of ES domain name is nothing to us.

Justin is too good to spend his time (and maybe money) in negociation. Anywhere we build, will be where the knowledge can be found in a very short time. The value of our community is in its intense activity, and our common will to improve. It has nothing to do with a domain name, that will lose any commercial value after we're gone.
Well said.

While moving is a major annoyance, it is not death.

Some will leave. Most will return.

http://www.ebikehub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=559&sid=f92d9ce40fe25d89459a40c5fe6a6431&start=75

Shillings and mental capacity spring to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back