Need advice on first real Ebike & Norway import info

puuf

1 µW
For the last 4 years I've been riding a Ecoride Fold 250W motor that maxes out at 15mph.
I've always been looking at builds and higher end bikes but never decided on a specific build. but I've made up my mind on something "Bomber" style. My easiest option would be to just buy a Vector Typhoon; which I don't mind importing or buying.

but does anyone have knowledge on the process of importing a Ebike of that power into a nordic country (Norway). I know of one store in Norway that sells the bike, but I feel like it would be cheaper to import it myself.

Building it myself seems a bit intimidating for me, but I wouldn't mind going for it with the right guidance! I would not build my own battery pack, it would have to suit the harshe weather of Norway, rain, dust and such. Bike will mostly be used on paved roads but I liked the idea of being able to take it offroad with full suspension.

I have no specific travel distance in mind because I live close to work and the bike will mostly be used for commuting, with no problems charging at work either. My budget would be around 6-10k$

Vector Typhoon is an Enduro bike, which borders onto the look of a motorcycle, depending on Norways attitude towards ebikes it could be a great solution if they are pretty lax like pretty much all of North America. There maybe a rogue agent having a bad day with donuts that might take it out on you, riding the Typhoon in an unbecoming manner. The next level down, would be a down hill bicycle, but they have limited space in the triangle, but there might be a model or two with the right triangle space for battery. Buying the Leaf 1500W or the MXUS/QS 3kw would suit that Typhoon or DH/AM bike nicely, matched with a 48V20Ah battery, 48V 40 or 50A controller and a decent charger, 5 or 8A. The DH/AM is a bike that one would get if they require lots of travel, an Enduro bicycle full suspension would be a good commuter, road, trail bike that can soak up the pot holes of the road at reasonable speeds. The DH/AM bike is for faster speeds, and if you ride DH, or do more jumps or harder trails.

Since ebikes and batteries are not shipped together, there is no way to know its speed and power. Also, they are usually shipped disassembled, or at least partially.

I believe you would receive it without any problem, other than tax and import fees. To be sure ask the seller, and pay it with a mean of payment that does insure reception of merchandises purchased online. Master Card and some other credit cards for an example, will refund if you don’t receive the packages.

Yeah that's like the one thing putting me slightly off with the looks, but I'll be fine in the area I live in luckily! but yeah will definitely not be trying to catch too much attention other than w/ the aesthetics of the bike! and honestly a down hill bicycle was my first plan! but yes, it always seemed like they had such bad spacing for batteries when i first looked.
but I will definitely look more into the process with building my own, and really thank you so much for also listing motor/hub i will look into parts that suits those. building bikes seems like a fun hobby! pot holes and curbs tends to be my arch nemesis xd

markz said:
Vector Typhoon is an Enduro bike, which borders onto the look of a motorcycle, depending on Norways attitude towards ebikes it could be a great solution if they are pretty lax like pretty much all of North America. There maybe a rogue agent having a bad day with donuts that might take it out on you, riding the Typhoon in an unbecoming manner. The next level down, would be a down hill bicycle, but they have limited space in the triangle, but there might be a model or two with the right triangle space for battery. Buying the Leaf 1500W or the MXUS/QS 3kw would suit that Typhoon or DH/AM bike nicely, matched with a 48V20Ah battery, 48V 40 or 50A controller and a decent charger, 5 or 8A. The DH/AM is a bike that one would get if they require lots of travel, an Enduro bicycle full suspension would be a good commuter, road, trail bike that can soak up the pot holes of the road at reasonable speeds. The DH/AM bike is for faster speeds, and if you ride DH, or do more jumps or harder trails.

wow! that's great to know! I was afraid that it would have to be registered as a vehicle (moped) under import/dmw for being over the limit for ebikes. but since that's case maybe I'll go that route my first time! and yeah I will make sure to pay safely! thank you sm

MadRhino said:
Since ebikes and batteries are not shipped together, there is no way to know its speed and power. Also, they are usually shipped disassembled, or at least partially.

I believe you would receive it without any problem, other than tax and import fees. To be sure ask the seller, and pay it with a mean of payment that does insure reception of merchandises purchased online. Master Card and some other credit cards for an example, will refund if you don’t receive the packages.

Back