Need help matching motor/controller for an ATV

hobbyvac

1 W
I have a Honda TRX90 ATV and would like to stick a Denzel 4 spd GB200 motor in it. Its a drop in swap for the gas motor which makes it easy. I think its 3KW at 72V probably 2kw or so at 60V?

I also just worked on a friends Sur-ron where we upgraded to a 60V 60AH battery and a BAC8000 controller. We run it at 10-12kw which is crazy fast. That swap left me with a stock Sur-Ron X controller and 60V battery which are both very happy at the stock 5kw.

My question is,.. can I bypass the built in controller in the Denzel and use the Sur-ron controller and battery to allow more amps at 60V. than the Denzel controller allows. I have no idea what type of motor, number of poles etc,.. each one has and if the controller will work with that motor. I understand the Denzel has a built in controller but at 60V it will be pretty slow. Seeing how we more than doubled the Sur-Ron's output, I'm thinking the Denzell will survive the increase to 5KW.

On the Denzel site it looks to me like the controller is external. Electric kits Both the GB150 and GB200 show a controller in the kits. As such, I suspect that if the motor and sensors are compatible you can use the Sur-ron controller. How much power you can push through either Denzel will depend on duty cycle IMHO.

Back