Need some help Troubleshooting an El Mundo

Lupulin

10 mW
Dear ES,

I have been tasked with finding the problem with my fathers Yuba El Mundo e-cargo bike.

Here are the basics:
Ezee 350 watt geared motor in front wheel, 36V Factory build. Out of warrantee, so this is the first option.

While riding recently (in the rain) the power started cutting in and out after a few miles on the way home. Battery was full. Next time, riding on the way to work (in a light rain), after a few miles, power quit. Then on the way home, the display would turn on, work for a few seconds, then quit and the last light would be on for both the battery charge indicator, and the throttle use (?). This is just a cheapo controller, not a CA. I made a video to help make things clearer, but it is a .mov file, and thus not allowed I guess. I see that videos will be deleted soon so they don't take up so much space. Makes sense. Thanks for the help ES and ask any questions if I need to clarify anything.

Lupulin

Likely, you have a bad connection. Could be a corroded connector, damaged wire...

You will have to trouble check everything. Start with the throttle wires, then unplug the ebrakes if it has some, bypass the monitor, check phase and hall wires.... then check battery BMS, then controller. Intermittent problems do require a complete troubleshooting of the circuit.

Back