Need some input on my longboard build!

kiab

100 µW
Hey guys!

I would really appreciate your opinion on the build :roll:

Have been reading on this forum for a while now, there is loads of great information. I have been thinking of building an electric longboard for a year now, and have come up with some parts that might suit me well.

I have a quadcopter that I've got some spare batteries that I would like to use with my board. They are three 4S 3700mAh batteries.

What I am thinking is using a switchable 8S/4S setup, to find out what suits me best. Either the 4S setup with the batteries in parallel, or going 8s and buying one more battery so I put the series in both parallel and in series, to get 8S 7400mAh.
Thing is, cheap 8s ESCs that are good might be hard to find. You think I should buy new 6S batteries?

I'm thinking of this Alien 250A 3S-8S ESC, is there any downside with having that many amps?
http://www.alienpowersystem.com/shop/esc/alien-250a-3-8s-evolution-3-car-esc-bec-sensored/

The motor that I'm thinking of is Turnigy Aerodrive 6374 SK3 motor. But I'm unsure about what KV would suit me best, considering I might step down from 8s to 6s or 4s.

I'm thinking of this motor as it fits this drive kit.
http://www.aliendrivesystems.com/st...igy_SK3_6374_192KV_-Special_Aero_Kit-270.html

Then it says that Caliber II 50 Deg Trucks and paris trucks fit, so I think I'll go with the Caliber. Though I don't know the difference really. With some 83mm Abec 11 Flywheels.

:roll:

An 8S for $150, you might as well get the VESC (capable of 12S), TorqueBoards 12S 120A Unsensored ESC, 8S Castle ESC. Any of the three are way better options than the APS/Flier ESC.

With a 12S ESC, You can try out the 4S/8S/12S :mrgreen:

192KV and up to 240-260KV should be fine. IF you plan on running higher voltage around 200KV is best.

Caliber Trucks or Paris Trucks - Just the type of trucks. Many people have been using Caliber Trucks but a lot also use Paris Trucks. They're the two most popular trucks for eBoard conversions.

The TorqueBoards 12S 120A Unsensored ESC looks like a good option, now I might aswell go with their complete Mechanical Kit.

Now I got unsure on the motor. I will most likely use 8S or 6S setup and not 12S, even thought it would be nice to be able to try it. So the SK3 6374 can handle 12S, but is only available up to 192kv which seems too low for a 8S/6S setup. So I'm thinking of the SK3 6364 which is available in 245kv, though it can only handle up to 10S.

Kind of sad having an 12S esc and then having a motor that is 10S

Back