New 24' slopestyle freeride build, getting serious!

Dam can't watch it on my phone!

Nice work. Looks like a hoot to ride.
Love the burnouts. Love the stair climbing. Love the ability to use the gears. Well done.

bzhwindtalker said:
Somone knows how to embeed a video from Vimeo?
https://vimeo.com/39945206

Love it , :mrgreen:

Whiplash said:
No offence Gwhy! :) it'll never be as quiet, but maybe close!

Close would be good enough for me :D

Phoebus said:
gwhy! said:
bzhwindtalker said:
hopefully nearly silent

How will you accomplish this with an RC motor?

I have a few new things I want to try :wink:

Thanks guys! I will try to get a nicer video next weekend with side panels for the battery and painted hub and supports.

I just see hub motors as huge low kv outruners, because it's what they are :wink: I don't have any complex wearing a frock :mrgreen:

I just started a thread to share some media about hub motor mid drives, Whiplash you could probably contribute with some pictures and videos?
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=38553&p=562377#p562377

I modified the axle to have a M8 on one side and a M6 on the other just to retain the motor and supports, painted everything, and made a black coroplast battery box

I also managed to snap a chain :shock: The failure was probably related to going WOT on a low gear, and a bad use of the chain tool :?:
1ix0cpj129at9

What is your opinion on the suitability of one of those sub 500w tiny hub motors for a mid drive setup such as yours? I'm thinking that it may be one way to get some stealth out of a mid mount hub motor design.

You're running max 2000 W right now?

The smaller hubs should work well, I am trying to get my brother to let me setup a small one on his bike pulling around 750 watts through the little MXUS that Cell man sells. I think it will do just about any hill you need, it will just do it slower than a big motor.... That and your on road speed will not be anywhere near as fast, I am guessing it will pull him along around 25MPH at best, but he is happy with that..

LOVING YOUR WORK GUYS!!!
looking for a small mid drive next, just watching to see what sort of hub to use, small small small.

D

deecanio said:
LOVING YOUR WORK GUYS!!!
looking for a small mid drive next, just watching to see what sort of hub to use, small small small.

D
About the smallest you are going to get is a 63mm outrunner :mrgreen:

True, à 63mm motor is hart to beat for sub 3kw systems!
But you need to build à two stage reduction to the rear wheel or 3 stage to the BB. With the rpm of a High spinning rc motor, multiple gears are needed only if you want à really High top speed with a small motor. Plus relyable controlers are hard to setup, if aviable!

no reduction.no noise.no bs.
just frock to crank :mrgreen:

D

:mrgreen:

Phoebus said:
What is your opinion on the suitability of one of those sub 500w tiny hub motors for a mid drive setup such as yours? I'm thinking that it may be one way to get some stealth out of a mid mount hub motor design.

You're running max 2000 W right now?

I think a bafang or a cute could be really nice on such a setup, especially on a lightweight bike with lipos. I never tested either one of those motors but some people pushed the bafangs to the limits, i don't recall what kind of safe max power they got, BUT you could use a bafang and run it on 100+v and gear it down really easy to pedalable cadence and get huge torque and a good power from one of those I guess.

Yes my bike peaks at 2200w, but it hardly gets over 1500w on normal offroad abuse. I would like to try a Bafang on 24s lipo/20-25a :)

bzhwindtalker said:
;) too! I may still mount the 63-74 on a DJ bike with the sensorless ss190-200
Whip, any snapped chains yet?

Not yet, but I try not to snap the power on like that, I typically roll into it. I have however I did loose some pawls in the rear freewheel...

What would constitute a "real mans voltage"??

I think YOU should take a video of yourself riding your bike on 150v :p i'm quite happy with the power of my bike ATM, but this will probably change soon ;)

New video, quite lame on the riding part but it shows the bike quite well I think
[youtube]OE6ybG8wQi0[/youtube]

Nice Vid! Do you have director, producer and a team of camera men?! 8)

Great job!!

What do you use to edit?

Back