New 400w Lithium charger at Hobbycity

Metallover

10 kW
http://hobbycity.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=11340

Mega400W-1.jpg

Are you ready to charge your packs faster than ever before or are you looking to take advantage of the new high C charge rate on the new Zippy and Turnigy battery packs? The Turnigy Mega 400W is an Pro level balancing charger and discharger which can handle up to 6 cells/20A, LiPo/LiFe to 6S and NiMH/NiCd up to 18S. Bundled with the Turnigy Mega is an array of charing wires and plugs, suitable for most applications.

Features;
Microprocessor controlled
Delta-peak sensitivity (NiMH/NiCd)
Individual cell balancing charge & discharge
Li-ion, LiPo and LiFe capable
Ni-Cd and NiMH capable
High-power and high-performance circuit
Store function, allows safe storage current
Data storage (Store up to 10 packs in memory)
Cyclic charging/discharging

Spec.
Input voltage: 11.0 – 18.0Volt
Charge current: 0.1 – 20.0A
Discharge current: 0.1 – 5.0A
Maximum charge capacity: 400W @ input voltage >15V
Maximum discharge capacity: 25W
Current drain for balancing Li-po: 200mAh/cell
Lithium (LiPo/LiIo/LiFe) battery cell count: 1 – 6 series
NiCd/NiMH battery cell count: 1 – 18 series
Pb battery voltage: 2 –24V
Battery setup memories: 10
Intelligent temperature control: Yes
Weight: 820g
Dimensions : 152X145X57mm

Including;
1 x Turnigy Mega 400W charger
1 x JST XH Adapter
1 x Banana plug w/ Female Mini JST
1 x Banana plug w/ Female Futaba
1 x Banana plug w/ Aligator clip
1 x Banana plug w/ Losen wires
1 pair Aligator clip

This charger has a JST-XH charge plug, which makes it compatible with Zippy, HXT,TURNIGY and any pack with a JST adapter.

Note: Power supply not included.

Price $80.00

I want it.

I'm looking at lipo now for a 72v race bike. That charger definitely caught my eye. You'd need 8 of em though, for a quick pit recharge. Yeowch!
Still looks like the one to own one of though! Just going to have to bring a lot of lipo to the race and that's that.

dogman said:
I'm looking at lipo now for a 72v race bike. That charger definitely caught my eye. You'd need 8 of em though, for a quick pit recharge. Yeowch!
Still looks like the one to own one of though! Just going to have to bring a lot of lipo to the race and that's that.

For a quick and dirty charge in the pits, gotta go with the meanwell power supplies directly, rather than the meanwell power supplies powering a heap of RC chargers.

For about $100-150 in meanwell power supplies, you can be charging at the limits of what a 15amp household wall outlet breaker will allow.

dogman said:
You'd need 8 of em though, for a quick pit recharge. Yeowch!

Maybe wait for the Mega Quad.. 8)

Whats the official max charge on the 20c lipo, 2c right? Can I go 20a on a 5000mah (4c) without problems?

so who's going to order 1 and put it through it's paces ?
i can't till june 1st then 2 weeks till arrival then testing ...july...

I'm so ignorant of lipo, I'd be a bit wary of that kind of thing. But lots of time to learn.

vanilla ice said:
dogman said:
You'd need 8 of em though, for a quick pit recharge. Yeowch!

Maybe wait for the Mega Quad.. 8)

Whats the official max charge on the 20c lipo, 2c right? Can I go 20a on a 5000mah (4c) without problems?

I think the factory claimed charge spec for most of the 20c packs is 2C, and 4C often claimed for the 30C packs.

In practice, make sure the pack is kinda warm to begin with, and it can accept charge more efficiently, and I've dumped 5C charging into 20C packs with no issues.

Back