• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

New Bionx stuff

mikefish

100 W
i have not seen these yet, I hope im not duplicate posting.

looks like they have a new battery rack, and slim battery or "light" kit option

and new SinDrive which says it makes it smoother, and more efficient. but im having a hard time finding out more on this SinDrive.

motor look different to, but im not too sure on that

http://www.bionx.ca/products/latest-introductions.php

WE (wife) have the new Sin Drive.

It is nice. a little more efficient, a little smoother.

But its still no Great hill climber compared to an EZEe.

but better and nice.

Have not seen the flat rack pack battery. The new "Light" eggshell has ~1/2 the range. to make for a newer entry level lower priced Bionx. How upgrade-able? I dont know.

deardancer3,

Do you know when the new Sin Drive came into production and sale? I always wondered why my motor is smoother and quieter than the older Bionx stuff I used to test ride on.

And can I use the new light eggshell battery on my P-250 system? I'm eying that as my second battery if I take transit and need a more compact lighter ebike package. Price of the new eggshell battery the same as the the P-250 NiMH?

Thanks,

DE.

I think you can use the new 1/2 battery on a new rev 3 system (full Cann bus). Dont know when the transition date was, but if you HAD to change the 1234 pedal sensitivty setting to a lower number, then you have a new one.

supposedly there are three important sytem revisons, and the latest only works on the latest. I have one original first 36v release, and one the latest shipped about 4 weeks ago..

for more info, contact your bionx dealer, Rick here on E-S, or Dale at Bird EV/RV http://www.birdrv.com/electricbike.php - Dale was the third largest bionx dealer in the US (before the great recession) so he sees lots of issues. (Denver metro area).

Flat pack might be nice for a folder.
dick

thanks for the replies! Im leaning towards Bionx for several reasons, but one question I have, is it easy to bypass, or disable the limiter on the PL-500 system? i live in CA, and I can get this one, so Im thinking i should before the laws change.

im looking for a system that can handle a max of 25 mph in bursts (more is nice ;), but a cruise speed of 20-22 mph on average.

i love the locking battery, anti-theft, small controller, and overall light weight. not to mention the warranty! :D

What I have "heard" is that speed maax. can still be modified/over ridden. this must still be true because the systems are sent all over the world with different laws.

But Still, folk have reported not much increase in top speed with the limit turned off, the unit just does not have enough excess power to overcome aerodynamics above 20mph. AND it really saps battery energy, reducing range.

Still, when you have the need for speed for safety reasons, who cares? I have "heard" people keep the speed limit on the pedal assist function and modify it for throttle function. when the safety problem presents itself, you max the throttle.

Just what I have heard said.

Back