NEW E-bike User Survey

macarthur

1 mW
Are you an e-bike rider in the US? Do you enjoy sharing your e-bike experiences with others?

If you answered yes to both of these questions, researchers at Portland State University want to hear from you! Research is currently taking place at Portland State to better understand the role that e-bikes can play in a sustainable transportation system. If you have experience purchasing and/or riding e-bikes please consider taking an online survey and share your experiences. The online survey will ask questions about purchase and use of e-bikes to better understand the barriers to wider e-bike use. You have valuable information that can contribute to exciting research on e-bikes!

Please follow the link to the online survey: http://tinyurl.com/e-bike-survey.

Thanks,
John MacArthur
Portland State University

PS please pass on the link to the survey

You should post this in the "Polls & Surveys" section. Perhaps one of the admins can move it there for you...

hint hint, KF

Are you an e-bike rider in the US? Do you enjoy sharing your e-bike experiences with others?

If you answered yes to both of these questions, researchers at Portland State University want to hear from you! Research is currently taking place at Portland State to better understand the role that e-bikes can play in a sustainable transportation system. If you have experience purchasing and/or riding e-bikes please consider taking an online survey and share your experiences. The online survey will ask questions about purchase and use of e-bikes to better understand the barriers to wider e-bike use. You have valuable information that can contribute to exciting research on e-bikes!

Please follow the link to the online survey:
http://tinyurl.com/e-bike-survey

Thanks,
John MacArthur
Portland State University

PS please pass on the link to the survey

I was worried that this NEW survey got buried in the forum. I want to thank everyone who has taken this survey and/or passed it on to others. We are still looking for more responses. So if you haven't taken the survey please take a couple minutes to fill it out. Feel free to post the link on blogs, twitter, facebook, etc.

Thanks,
John

Sorry about posting the survey here. I have moved it over to the Polls and Survey section "http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=5".

I want to thank everyone who has taken this survey and/or passed it on to others. We are still looking for more responses. So if you haven't taken the survey please take a couple minutes to fill it out. Feel free to post the link on blogs, twitter, facebook, etc.

We are going to close the survey in week or so. If you haven't taken the survey, you still have time.

Thank you for your help!

http://tinyurl.com/e-bike-survey

I really wanted to contribute but gave up. Paraphrase 1st question - "did you buy pre-built or DIY". Well, both. I started with a pre-built and moved to DIY. Why isn't there a survey option for "more than one"?

Where, how did I buy, when? I've built several, which one do you want to know about? Very alienating to people who have considerable experience with this industry. 'sorry, I'd rather be out riding than banging my head against the wall with these less than thoughtful questions.

Good luck with your project. Too bad it's not very comprehensive...

Thanks for the post. Sorry I didn't see it till now. I am sorry the question didn't meet your personal situation. I didn't think of people that have bought an e-bike and then rebuilt them. You are right we don't ask how many e-bikes someone has in the household. Good suggestion. I hope someone might just consider their primary e-bike. I hope you can take the survey under this framework.

John

Ykick said:
I really wanted to contribute but gave up. Paraphrase 1st question - "did you buy pre-built or DIY". Well, both. I started with a pre-built and moved to DIY. Why isn't there a survey option for "more than one"?

Where, how did I buy, when? I've built several, which one do you want to know about? Very alienating to people who have considerable experience with this industry. 'sorry, I'd rather be out riding than banging my head against the wall with these less than thoughtful questions.

Good luck with your project. Too bad it's not very comprehensive...

Thanks for your kind reply. It seemed different to me this go around? Maybe I was just in a better mood, lol...

So yes, got through it and some good questions there. Maybe drop off some results here when it's completed?

Good luck with your project!

I think I completed this survey twice. :oops:
Though I enjoyed filling it out :)

Cheers, KF

Thanks! We will be posting results on our website once we have completed the analysis. I will post a link in the future to the results.

Finished survey.

I wonder why they are doing the survey.

FA

We are researchers at Portland State University and we are interested how are the people currently owning e-bikes and why they choose to buy an e-bikes. We are also interested in e-bike rider experiences. We hope this research will not only help people thinking about building and marketing e-bikes but to city planners and engineers to determine if there are unique issues related to e-bikes.

Thanks for participating!

Floont said:

Finished survey.

I wonder why they are doing the survey.

FA

We are going to close the survey on May 31. Thanks to everyone who has taken the survey and the great responses. If you haven't taken the survey, please do.

I completed survey answers the question.

Own an e-bike? We want to learn why you decided to purchase an e-bike & how you use it.

Survey Link

We are researchers at Portland State University and the University of Tennessee and are excited to partner with PeopleForBikes to conduct a survey of e-bike users in North America.

The survey is open to all e-bike owners in the United States and Canada, and people that complete the survey can enter to win one of 50 $20 Visa gift cards and three PeopleForBikes Topo Designs backpacks (value $100). Thanks!

Attachments

• SurveyFlier.png
    SurveyFlier.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
I just posted a message in the Polls and Surveys section about the National E-bike User Survey. If you have an e-bike, please consider taking the survey. Thanks!

Own an e-bike? We want to learn why you decided to purchase an e-bike & how you use it.

Survey Link

We are researchers at Portland State University and the University of Tennessee and are excited to partner with PeopleForBikes to conduct a survey of e-bike users in North America.

The survey is open to all e-bike owners in the United States and Canada, and people that complete the survey can enter to win one of 50 $20 Visa gift cards and three PeopleForBikes Topo Designs backpacks (value $100). Thanks!

The survey can also be found here: Research: E-Bikes | Transportation Research and Education Center

Attachments

• TREC_Flier_Smaller.png
    TREC_Flier_Smaller.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
Back