New ebike build

The brake sensor connection on the controller is just a 2 pin connector. All it does is read a short to ground provided by the switches in the ebrake handles, so just take just take one side to your sensors and return the other side to the controller. If you have 2 sensors, just parallel them so either will create the short.

You have to connect your red brake sensor wire to 5v (throttle or PAS red), the yellow (ground) to the black brake connector wire (ground), and the blue (signal) wire to the other brake wire (signal), which is often yellow or white, but can be any colour.

Thanks. Let me know if this looks right. This is the sensor going to the controllers PAS.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1403446842481.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1403446842481.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 595
Why would you even think you should hook your ebrake sensors to the pas connector? The ebrakes sensors should hook to the ebrake connector. That's the connector that you would connect the normal ebrake handles to if you were going to use them. A typical ebrake sensor is nothing more tham a mechanical micro switch that provides a short when the brake handles are pulled. Since I don't know what kind of sensors you bought that has 3 wires, it's hard to say what they do, but I can say with much certainty that they don't hook to the pas connector.

Ok thanks, thought the post above recommended using the PAS and it had a similar connector so I went w it. This is the sensor I got.

http://www.greenbikekit.com/hidden-wire-brake-sensor.html

Hidden wire brake sensor for electric bicycle
1. Rated Voltage: 4.5-6V (DC)
2. Current without braking: 2mA
3. Current with braking: 3.6mA
4. Lead tension: >20N
5. Corresponding time when braking: <0.001S
6. Effective working distance: 2~3mm
7. Mechanical life: >2M times
8. Electrical life: >20M times
9. Insulation dry condition: >20M ohm
10. Insulation wet condition: >2M ohm

Wire Connection
1, Red: +5V
2. Yellow: GND(Brake black wire)
3. Blue: Single(Brake Orange/Green wire)

So it looks like I should just disregard the blue wire on the sensor and run the other 2 into the adapter off my yescom brake levers and plug that to the controllers brake adapter?

No. You need to wire all three of them since it's an eletronic switch and not a simple mechanical switch. Red to +5V of controller, and the other 2 to the brake sensor connector, making sure you wire the yellow sensor lead to the gorund wire of the brake connector. That should be black, but check with vom to make sure. Actually, you could connect the yellow wire to any controller gorund, but the blue wire needs to go to the right wire (the brake return wire, which is blue on my old yescom controller.

What I said was to wire only the red to the red PAS wire. You can leave the black with the black PAS because all grounds are joined, so you could cut the green about 2" from the connector. Then, identify which of the two brake wires is the signal (yellow?, white?), and join that to the 2" bit of green left on that connector.

Last time I'll bother you guys on this one. Here's my last attempt based on what you've posted. Forgive me if I'm not understanding.

Yellow sensor cable to black pas ground
Red 5v sensor to red 5v pas cable
Blue sensor signal to blue brake cable

I plan to use electric tape to connect the blues.

Thank you again for your help!

That looks right now, but be aware that the sensor is directional. You have to put it on the right end of the cable. If the little LED is on all the time except when you apply the brake, it's the wrong way round. The LED should be normally off, and on when you apply the brake.

Thanks D8veh! Think I got it on the right way. I will check to make sure as soon as my battery arrives. It shipped out by sea June 1st, hoping it gets here soon.

Back