Ebike build for bike parks

edlog20

10 µW
Hi this is my giant trance bbs02b 36v Ebike build:

500w running a 12.5ah battery. Goal has been to keep weight down to make it as useable at possible on trails. Weighs 46 pounds. Currently looking at ways of running it off Makita XGT 40v batteries for shorter rides making it a few ponds lighter. And hopefully being able use both batteries for longer rides.

However, I have alo been given a 48v 17.5 amp hour battery with good Samsung cells. And my 36v motor is getting a bit long in the tooth. Would a 48v bbs02 be a big step up in power to weight, or would a bbshd be much better? They are both very cheap on AliExpress!!

Any thoughts on any of this would be appreciated:)

Thanks!

IMG_20240504_162321.jpgIMG_20240504_163207.jpg

Nice bike!

You have some conflicting aspects here:
  • Desire to lighten the bike for enhanced trail handling.
  • Desire to use large heavy battery (48V 17.5Ah battery is big and heavy).
  • Desire to combine 40V and 48V batteries.
Can't have all three. The last one alone is certainly problematical.

Can you redefine your priorities?

Thanks for reply!

I have had my questions about adding a second battery answered on another forum so I'll stick to the 48v option.

Basically as I have this other battery, I'm considering getting a 48v motor to pair with it. Don't really want the hassle of trying to combine different voltages.

Question is how much of a difference is power would I notice going from a 36v to a 48v bbs02, is it still significant and worth the 1.5. Pounds that the large 48v battery weighs. And how does this compared to a bbsHD, which weighs another 3 pounds.

More power is always better!

Also anyone have any tips on keeping weight down?

Also anyone have any tips on keeping weight down?
There's this:

or this:

Back