• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

New here need some help

adli3381

1 mW
Hi I am new to electric bike, but would like to upgrade one or buy a new kits to be my commute to work for 20m each way.

I purchased a Wilderness kit to test the electric bike experience, so far its working good, just the range is too short and the SLA battery is too heavy. I want to see if anyone know w good place to upgrade the battery, and what do i need to put the new battery into my bike.

I am also thinking to purchase a complete kit and install to my other mountain bike, would like 36v(or 48) with 20ah, so i can get 20mile+ each way with speed 20 to 25mph. If someone can direct me where is a good place to buy and what knowledge i need, its will be great appreciate. Thanks~

-Derek

Hi, welcome. You need to fill out your location or at least which continent because that has a lot to do with suggesting a vendor and what type of local laws may exist.

Please watch typos and spelling as that will discourage some knowledgable folks from wading into the thread.

look at ebikessf.com. I gotten everything electric besides the battery from him. He offers great support. You can also try cellman and other dealers.

For battery, I would look elsewhere as the battery ilia has is pretty crappy for the price in my opinion.

But it should be plug and play if you get the kit from him. Just let him know what you want.

for 20 miles @ 20-25mph you would need at least 20Ah @ 48V. You would have to build it in Lipo or get A123 from cellman or other sources.

I just saw your post about ebikessf.com. This may be a good place for me to start (I like the plug and play aspect). Thanks for the mention of this resource.

I want a electric powered bike. I am fine to buy a used one if I find one, but thinking it may not be to hard and may be a good experience to put together one myself (given I have access to parts and some guidance). This shop may be the ticket for that. I live over on the other side of the bridge (Marin) so at least it is close.

I still am in the discovery portion of what I want to have (to use a recumbent or perhaps a mountain bike).

Melanie

Back