• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

NEW Portable E-bike Brushless Motor Controller Tester

any one seen these before ??
are they worth the cost or are they not needed ??

Price:
£14.90 with free postage from hongkong
NEW Portable E-bike Brushless Motor Controller Tester

E-bike brushlessmotor controller tester is a simple and portable instrument specially designed by our company for quickly testing good or bad of the e-bike brushless motors (including testing good or bad of motor wilding and Hall), 60° or 120° of phase angle, phase sequence of brushless motor and brushless controller. It is a necessary tool for e-bike factories, controller manufacturers, motor manufacturers, steering and braking handles manufactures, e-bike sales agents, e-bike testing personnel and e-bike maintenance people.
Main technical parameters :

Name: portable e-bike brushless motor controller tester
Type: WS-03
Suitable motors: 24V/36V/48V/60V
Work environment temperature: -20~50°c Relative temperature≤80°c
Size:85mm×90mm×28mm

Advantages of the product:

1. Can quickly test good or bad of the brushless controllers.
2. Can quickly test good or bad of the brushless motors
3. Can quickly test out whether the phase angle is 60° or 120°.
4. Can quickly test brushless motor phase sequence ABC and abc colors.
5. Can quickly test good or bad of the steerprecise testing.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Portable-E-bike-Brushless-Motor-Controller-Tester-/290721608718

file.php

(moderator edit: moved out of Ebike Reviews and Testing into Ebike General becuase it is not a review or a test, just a question thread. Please use the R&T forum for reviews and tests you have already done. ;))

You can also pick it up here: http://em3ev.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=41&product_id=87

I'm thinking about ordering one with my next order.

thanks lads ,, i bought one of those on ebay, that one has the writing on it in english ,, and for the uk its only £14,90 ... thats $23.54 for you in other countries :)

No shit. Love having one in my toolkit.

I got into a problem this week, a guy bring me a bike that doesn't work at all so I can fix it. When I test the motor with that tool, the main wires tested fine but nothing on the sensors. So I checked the motor's cable. The axle has spinned on the frame so, there I was, opened the wheel to fix the cable and surprise...
There is few capacitors and resistors between the sensors and the connection. I guest that the tester can't figure out those ones..

Should I remove those capacitors and resistors?
I was thinking to re-open it, remove the circuit, fix the sensor that seem to had a little hard (the one on the left) time and test again.

what you think?

Why would you remove parts that you haven't individually tested? It is highly unlikely there is any problem with them; they are there to help the sensors work.

If the axle spun, then the wires were probably twisted and either broke inside the insulation, or insulation damaged and shorted wires to each other.

Fix the wires first, and then retest the sensors. If they still don't work there are manual sensor tests you can do, described in various threads about testing / replacing hall sensors. If they still fail then you'll need to replace the sensors themselves.

I replace one of the sensor since its legs were spliced in half.. but it seem that all the sensors are not getting enough voltage to work correctly. I put 5 volt between the ground and the + and I only got about 1v at the + sensor leg. The resistor in series with the input voltage seem to high about 2k Ohm. I will do some more testing tonight.

They're cheap enough that you should actually have 2. Then give one to a friend once you get good enough at builds that your ebikes approach absolute dependability.

Where they excel is in the process of elimination when you have a problem. eg Is the throttle working..check, are the motor hall sensors working properly...check, etc. Knowing what the problem isn't is a big help, because problem identification is half the battle.

Back