No power to motor. Out of options. Solved, sort of

Jok178

10 µW
G, day,

I am completely stumped, please help.

I was riding home, plenty of power left when the motor cut out. I unplugged and replugged, it ran for a while then cut out again never to turn again.

Your first thought would be battery, however it's an 11 cell lipo with a max resistance of 10m ohm per cell. Every cell charges to 4.19/4.20. the controller is programmed to cut out at 30V. I have also plugged the system into a 35v 10a power supply, it drew no current on acceleration.

Other things I have tried:
Made a 1200mah 12s lipo,
Tested controller MOSFETs,
Tested throttle at connection,
Tested throttle at the controller board,
Replaced the throttle,
Replaced the controller,
Tested the motor hall sensors at the controller board,
Tested motor windings with a meter,
Applied voltage to motor winding combinations to check it moves,
Disassembled motor to check for thermal sensors and damage to magnets.

I got nothing.

System is a mod mount cyclone style 3000w, no pas, no brake cutout, no key. When measuring from the board there is zero current draw when attempting to accelerate.

Any help greatly appreciated, I'm about to slap a 2 stroke on and be done with it.

I see you replaced the controller yet it still happened, so that means the wiring from motor to controller, or other wiring messing things up like perhaps throttle wires which I dont think is your problem. Triple check the wiring and triple check the connectors. Hard wire it if you have to.

calab said:
I see you replaced the controller yet it still happened, so that means the wiring from motor to controller, or other wiring messing things up like perhaps throttle wires which I dont think is your problem. Triple check the wiring and triple check the connectors. Hard wire it if you have to.

I've checked the wiring between the motor and controller many times by way of probing the controller board while connected. I haven't checked the new controller throttle plug is actually labeled correctly and connected to the right spot on the board so I'll check that out.

My mate has been playing with it for two days now. He hasn't worked out why the old controller broke yet, but he found a short in the PAS wiring on the new one. Cleared the short and now the motor spins up.

Back