Nucular electronics - complete kit for ev!

How's the production going? Is March-April still accurate for the 12fet and bms?
Asking just so I can plan my build a bit better

Hi Vasili,

I am building my 3rd ebike with a 3 kW Mxus hub motor which will be fed with a 20s14p battery. I am looking now for a 72V controller, a 20s BMS, a 20s charger. The 12F nucular seems a good candidate and the price is very competitive. If I understand, the controller is sold with an LCD monitor (so I can get rid off of the Cycle Analyst).

Forget my ignorance, but:
1) will your controller come with a 20s BMS and when will it be ready?
2) can I charge directly my battery through this controller without using a 20s charger via a coil as for the Adaptto? When this option will be available?

Basically, if the nucular controller can fulfil the role of a controller (250£), a cycle analyst (120£), a 20s BMS (100£) and a 20s charger (100£) I will save money.

Thanks
Pierre

Sent a PM to be put on queue for 12F. Controller looks awesome!

EDIT: I asked in the Telegram channel if this controller would work for my application, and it was recommended that it's not ready for RC motors yet. Just putting the exchange in here for anyone searching the thread for info. I was planning on using for a scooter build with an Alien Power Systems (APS) C80100 80kV motor.

Brandon Hartshorn
Asked to be put on the queue for 12fet. Would I be OK with an alien power systems c80100 80kV? Planning on 12s at first, maybe 18s in future
Vasiliy
Im not recomending to use it with RC motors atm
These need some testing and tweaks in code, i dont have time right now to do that

Excellent work anyway. Hopefully it will support these motors in the future.

Who is already running this controller with hub(s)?
Can you compare it's performance with know controllers like sabvoton 72150 72100 7280, max, and kelly 7230, Kelly mini, or other controllers.

ninde28383, it is at least one with dual hubs who is testing dual 12 fets if I remember correct. What is he called, crc?
I don´t know if he made any comparison with sabvoton or kelly, but he was very impressed with nucular when he compared to adaptto.
I think you can find it in this tread.

Peterfr12

From what I have read, the controller comes with the display, but not the bms. The bms is not finished yet, and I don´t think there are any dates mentioned yet. I think this info is on the first page of this thread.

2, yes, it should be avalible from the start. I am not sure if you always need a coil.

minde28383 said:
Who is already running this controller with hub(s)?
Can you compare it's performance with know controllers like sabvoton 72150 72100 7280, max, and kelly 7230, Kelly mini, or other controllers.

I do. Six months now. It's a really good controller. Much more simple than Adaptto (my only reference) and WAY MORE RELIABLE

What sort of RPM will the 16fet Be like >10000RPM just thinking Mid Drive in Future

cheeko said:
What sort of RPM will the 16fet Be like >10000RPM just thinking Mid Drive in Future

What model are you refering to? There are only 6f, 12f and 24f models....

The 12F

Im thinking of looking at the X1pro Mid drive and they asked if control capable of this, its in spec with amps and wattage.

I guess its more like RC motor that spin much higher RPM then Hub motor

VasiliSk said:
BMS under development
6F goes to March due to production delay and chinese NY, we are preparing some awesome news

Any news yet about the size of the BMS and it's connectors?
Will it support single cell voltage monitoring in smaller configurable groups of four or something like that (i mean similar as Adaptto where you can set the number of cells per group from 2-4 and each group is insulated)?

Because in case if someone wants to connect lets say two 10s batteries in series to 20s with a longer wire in between, it would not work well beacuse of the voltage drop or rise between cell 10 and 11 if the connector would be full-length (one uniform part).

Will the BMS support such particular battery configurations?

redline2097 said:
cheeko said:

What model are you refering to? There are only 6f, 12f and 24f models....
there.

Yes the 12F one

Hi VasiliSk

Can u sign me up for 1 x Nucular controller 12F and how long is the queue? When can I expect to receive it?

How about the BMS (the 16s and 24) will it be ready in around 1-2 months, if yes put me on queue too.

Thx

I have signed up for a 24f when available.
Quick question on max voltage.
Currently running a 22s Chevy volt pack. 92 volts fully charged.
Will this work? Is it likely to cutout on high voltage depending on regen settings?

Thanks

Hello guys! My name is Dima. I'm from Nucular team and I will help Vasiliy with preorders.
If you have any questions about preorders, ETA and etc, just ask me. Also, we install CRM and now we can tell your preorder number, for your convenience :)

Dung said:
Can u sign me up for 1 x Nucular controller 12F and how long is the queue? When can I expect to receive it?
How about the BMS (the 16s and 24) will it be ready in around 1-2 months, if yes put me on queue too.
We put your preorder in the queue. Your preorder № 283C. BMS will be ready for shipping in end of the year, maybe earlier.
We working on it.

j bjork said:
Soo.. Are people starting to get their 12fet controllers?
People will start to get 12F in April. Your preorder 269C (24F controller)

madin88 said:
Any news yet about the size of the BMS and it's connectors?
Will it support single cell voltage monitoring in smaller configurable groups of four or something like that (i mean similar as Adaptto where you can set the number of cells per group from 2-4 and each group is insulated)?

Because in case if someone wants to connect lets say two 10s batteries in series to 20s with a longer wire in between, it would not work well beacuse of the voltage drop or rise between cell 10 and 11 if the connector would be full-length (one uniform part).

Will the BMS support such particular battery configurations?

You will be able to add extra balancing wires and disable unused cells. But there are no groups, you need to put balancing wire on both ends of long power wire and connect it like there is a cell.

Aeron said:
Any news on the ETA ?
Your preorder 84C (6F). ETA as we hope, in April

Stevebequik said:
I have signed up for a 24f when available.
Quick question on max voltage.
Currently running a 22s Chevy volt pack. 92 volts fully charged.
Will this work? Is it likely to cutout on high voltage depending on regen settings?
Absolute maximum 95V, this will work. Your preorder 284C (24F)

Thanks for these informations Dima !

Great to see things are taking off (I'm not only talking about the preorder, but it seems the business side is getting started and organised)!

Hi VasiliSk and Dima

Great work on the ESC you put together!
ive got a question: we did run a vesc 4.12(60Volt) till now and had problems with voltage spikes(burnt DRV Chip), as we have the battery pack(12s12p) in our backpack. The battery wires are about 1m each phase and bond togehter.
do we have to add Caps before your Nucular 12F Controller as it is disigned for 95V?

Could you guess the date(month) we would get it in Austria?

If theres no Problem about it, we would like to get on the que for 2x 12F Controllers.
thx in Advance, Alex

Back