Nucular electronics - complete kit for ev!

VasiliSk said:
Comparing to QS mid motors there is a huge potential loose.. it could be much better

VasiliSk, are you referring to QS 138 70h mid drive motor? Can you please share some more thoughts on the combo (especially IPM/field weakening related)? BTW I'm also on the 24F waiting list and own the before mentioned motor.

Yes im using these for controller testing and they work pretty good. I did some peak power testing for 12F controllers on these, with 250A phase i was able to get 190A battery just easily. However i didnt tried to FW them..

db82Z6Pl.jpg

Are you loading one motor against the other for testing ? Be very interesting to see what those motors can sustain.

Hi ! I need to use the controller with a sensorless motor. You confirm to me that the Nucular 12F can do it.

it's perfect my engine has no sensors. I need to power it with 84v and 80A permanent and 120A peak. My old controller burned with 80A in 2km.
It says it was a Sunwin 72v1500w boosted to 7kW.

IMG_20190604_143944.jpg

Hi, can I use the throttle switch in my domino throttle as the brake switch?
It is inverted, it is on when the throttle is on.
I want to use it as a switch that brake is on, but use a second throttle for regen braking. I don´t have brake sensors on the brake levers, and I would like to use it is an extra safety for throttle problems. So if the switch is off, there should be no throttle..

If I use it, will it disable charging and speed control?
I mean, from what i read in the manual to pull the throttle enables charging. But brake disables. So will pull the throttle enable charging, but release the throttle disable charging?
And the same thing with speed control, keeping the throttle in one position enables speed control. But when I releae throttle (breaking) disables speed control?

VasiliSk said:
Yes im using these for controller testing and they work pretty good. I did some peak power testing for 12F controllers on these, with 250A phase i was able to get 190A battery just easily. However i didnt tried to FW them..

db82Z6Pl.jpg

Seriously? 250 phase amps on the 12 fet!!! Well I'm obviously not setting the controller high enough! Most I've done is 200 phase amps and I thought for sure it would cook.

Hello Could you give me the diameter of Qs motor 138 shaft, please

PITMIX said:
Hello Could you give me the diameter of Qs motor 138 shaft, please

Wrong Thread.

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=93627&hilit=motor&start=25#p1397928

It's OK tank you for your answer ! :thumb:

j bjork You can if connect it to display, there is inverted input option. However you can achieve better braking adjustment without using any switches, there is two options - brake on speed control (set some not high phase amp) and brake on 0% throttle (set ON so braking will always work), when throttle sets speed lower than it is - it will brake. Released throttle - brake till stop. And you can have separate full power brake on other POT.

I disabled charging control with brake and throttle in new experimental updates coz it is not safe for chargers.
If you activate brake it will disable cruise

VasiliSk said:
I wouldn't say that surron motor is that good, it have quite low power factor. Since that it reaches battery voltage quickly and doesnt let you to use all avaible torque, it needs a lot of flux weakening to make it working good.

Someone posted a dyno sheet about surron motor a while ago which i have attached. Note that there are many pages on bottom.

It has a kV of 80RPM/v, and the winding resistance is somthing like 28mOhm (deduced from raw data sheet) and these numbers might explain why it isn't that good of a motor considering it's size.

Attachments

• Surron Dyno Run 2018-11-26.xlsx
    281.9 KB · Views: 91
Hello,

I am waiting for the 12F controller I ordered last week. I will purchase soon a pair of MT5e Magura brakes. The MT5e brake lever have a cutoff switch which can trigger a brake light (required for registration as a moped L1e in UK). There a 2 types of lever for MT5, opener or closer with HIGO connectors. Which one I need for the 12F nucular controller? If I understand with the Opener : switch are disconnected when the brake lever is not pressed and the signal is activated when the brake lever is closed. And vice versa with the closer.
My guess an Opener should be the right option.

Many thanks for your comments

Pierre

Opener means "circuit Open" while braking...
You want a closer because you want to close the circuit on touching the brake lever.

2 wires. No matter which, put 12v on it and on braking it gives 12v to the other wire to feed your (brake)lights.

If you haven't buyed
... The trp" Ebike brakes "are way better. Magura brakes are OK but the brake pads wear out as hell. Even on normal use.

Thanks guys for your replies.

i have already purchased the two Storm disk brakes but not the MT5e brakes itself.
However i know that the MT5e are good for L1e registration in UK. The levers have a round ended shape for safety purpose.

i will use a MXUS motor so I am planning to stop with the regen and use the brake pad only as an emergency.

i had a Trp disk brake on my former ebike kit equipped with a mac motor and i was changing my brake pads every 2000 km!

dont mix any TRP with the eBike one.
(has also legal levers with the blop at the end) and not Plastik either.

its just experience ...i have no shop selling these. :D

Also the TRP is able to use 2.3mm discs. no other "MTB" Brake can do this. not Hope, not Shimano, not Magura.
they are just pretty good. Brake Power is top notch and what i really like...
you can line them up on the fly. just with your eyes. and they stay there. no squeeking no scratching after hard braking.
even the Sensor is adjustable with 2 bolts for sensivity.

my LMX had them stock and i was very impressed after first 10km how powerfull they are.
i would never(NEVER) expect that and would talk exactly like you about MT5-e
i had them on all my bikes. before i got the lmx i was 100% i would replace them from beginning with my mt5e.

but that changed quick :D

Well I hope that the 12F controller will meet my expectations because if it is the case it will do me well. At first it will roll my cart with an alternator sensorless hall and thereafter it will roll with a QS138 70H.
My order № 352C (12F+LCD)
On the video that's with 2 x 72v1500w Sunwin controller and à 210A alternator with 2 stator of Renault Laguna DCI 120
https://youtu.be/-1HpSmrvI2k

Back