Nucular electronics - complete kit for ev!

Did all the connections on the controller but he does not fire up. Display is on his way to Moscow but would like to keep riding the bike. It looks it won't run without display. Any options?

You do need the display in order to reconfigure any input/output from display connectors to controller's connectors. That includes the on/off button.

The display is send to Moscow for repair. This wil take severall weeks. I was hoping that I could used the bike because I don't have to change any parameters. The programs that where in the Nucular are fine. Isn't there a way to wake the controller Up without the display? I can't live with the idea that the bike wil be standing 6 weeks unused. Summer is there but I can't ride the bike.

My light bee runs great with a 24F and 16S battery. If I go to use a 21S battery, what, beside the voltage settings, should I change in the settings? Do I need to back down regen parameters? What other factors do I need to worry about?

I'll likely keep the kW output at the same level, mainly adding more cells for range and could just as easily use 18,19,20S. I use huge prismatics at 1P so less cells mean less range....

Got the display back under warranty. Put it directly on the bike and it worked perfectly. Conclusion is that it did not wanted to work without a display. But I'am happy again because I can ride my bike. :thumb:

Could someone tell me how many battery amps the 24F will consume on max settings? I know that it's supposed to be 300A but I have read that under certain situations it can be more? Could someone please explain?

Darren2018 said:
Could someone tell me how many battery amps the 24F will consume on max settings? I know that it's supposed to be 300A but I have read that under certain situations it can be more? Could someone please explain?

350A max

Turbomatic said:
Darren2018 said:

350A max

I read on the Nucular site that it can be set to 400A. Do you know why?

Can always go higher if conditions support keeping temperature low.

Question is always "for how long"?

Continuous might mean 10min or 30min

Peak might mean 2sec or 2min.

And 40°C desert very different from in the snow

john61ct said:
Can always go higher if conditions support keeping temperature low.

Question is always "for how long"?

Continuous might mean 10min or 30min

Peak might mean 2sec or 2min.

And 40°C desert very different from in the snow

Do you know what parameters are used and what the values are?

Big/bug update!

Controller update v0.8.1
Update first!

Added glitchy USB to controller (needs a USB cable connected to PWM port).
Completely new LEVCAN parameters protocol with more possibilities.
Added trip statistics menu to controller:
-Wh regen/used/total.
-Ah regen/used/total.
-Estimated motor efficiency realtime and average.
-Calculated motor torque (on shaft).
Temperature measurement now calculates t-sensor resistance.
Improved kV detection.
Fixed 'bug' with long brake response on slow current change speed for acceleration limit.
Defaults for all ports now OFF.
Added brake button % (percentage of brake phase current for button-brake).
Added brake on released throttle (brake phase current).
Motor inductance and resistance detection for MTPA.
MTPA logic (works good only with IPM motors).
Fixed FOC FW to be triggered at stop when braking.
Added more control CAN commands.
Added more parameters that could be requested from controller on CAN bus.
Added more logger parameters.
Added hall filter settings to debug stuttering.
Added prefix selection for controller name.
=== v0.8.2
Added log header option.
Added translation for some messages (RU).
Added error messages for throttle/brake detection.

uLight update v0.6.1
New LEVCAN parameters protocol.
Fixed PWM IO settings, now they do work.
Added temperature sensor thresholds, they work as virtual button for functions.
Added ability to send button inputs to CAN bus.
Main program source code published on GitHub:
https://github.com/Nucular-tech/uLight

Display update v0.70
Update last!

Menu redesigned.
All display settings moved to separate menu.
Added port input state in port settings.
Added port functions: disable backlight, lock screen.
Added separate hotkeys while charging.
Added option to use hotkeys with short click.
Added throttle/brake settings which are connected to display.
Added global odometer setting.
Global stats reset will not reset odometer now.
Added parameters import/export.
Added icons on main screen (brake, brake limit, turtle mode, motor/controller fault, battery fault).
With new controllers update speed is 6 times faster now.
Logger speed should work faster too.
Added text scroll in menu.
Logo updated.
Added more informative messages for resets with password request.
Added parameters that could be requested from display on CAN bus.
=== v0.71
Fixed some parameter editing.
Updated import/export.
Odometer now can be imported, value is not decimal now.
Fixed button blinking while typing password.
Fixed charge screen, button blinking fixed.
Fixed info-lines names.
Fixed header for password message.

=========
First need to update all devices but display. Because menu protocol is new and old devices will not be visible in menu. After update finished hold left button few seconds to exit updated device menu. If button does not work you may need to reset power supply or replug CAN cable in display.
After everything updated - update display.
Make a controller reset (load defaults) after update.
I recommend to run motor detect again on controllers.
Detection of throttle/brake connected to display should be done in display menu.

Special thanks to patreons!
Im posting here 'behind the scene' news and early updates:
https://www.patreon.com/nuculartech
You can download latest files here.

Another monster of an update! You guys have been busy. Thanks to everybody involved. :bigthumb: Did you issue an email about this update? I just finished tweaking all the settings, after logging my first 300k. It took me a while to finish the bike, had no motivation during the Spring and Summer, and almost started looking for a new frame, but then had inspiration for new rear suspension, and to my great surprise, it actually worked. Was stopping by here to let you know how happy I am with the controller, and just noticed the update. My printer better eat a big breakfast today, new manual to print.

I almost feel bad bringing it up, seeing the update, but on the other hand, after that update, you probably have nothing to do now.. :lol:

So, here's the idea :idea: Have you considered adding ABS or Traction Control as features to the controller? Winter's almost here, and the Ice Spiker Pro's do a great job, but they are not needed just yet, and the odd icy patch at night can be a nasty surprise. :shock: I don't know if any other controllers are implementing those features, but if it were to be added, it would be more useful than cruise control. In the Winter at least.

Keep safe, and thanks again for everything you all do.

Adaptto had traction control. I tried it on loose shale rock and snow and it didn't really help much.

That being said I would be keen to see Nucular try it also. The difficulty is in how to detect slip. With Adaptto it used only the motor RPM and if it saw a sudden jump reduced power. That lead to it being quite jerky.
The better way is by checking against speed with a separate speed sensor. If the motor spins faster than the speed sensor should detect then clamp power.

Cheers

VasiliSk said:
" you probably have nothing to do now" well no, we are working on bugfixes.

24f v0.8.5
Not sure is it a bug or not, but after I do Motor LR auto-setup on my QS 138 70H the inductances d and q are still zero.
And right after auto-setup the FOC mode runs very noisy at low RPM and the Trapezoidal mode does not run at all, the motor does not spin, only knocks.
But if I turn the controller off and turn it back on everything runs normal again.

Do I have to set any QS 138 specific settings? I have only set the battery voltages and the motor pole pairs to 5 before auto-setup.

VasiliSk said:
Bug, make a video if possible

https://streamable.com/1rrtzd
Even if I save settings before restart, after restart it runs normal again.
BTW, how to change menu language?

VasiliSk said:
detect goes wrong. this is some bug i dont understand yet
Can you tell d, q values for QS 138 70H?
I can set them manually for now.

If you do the automatic detection and not step by step it does not work better?

Back