NYX / QS-205 / Max-E

This is good news ...
I have exactly the same motor excepted point 3.
This is what I chouse: 3. Speed: 30*4T, 820RPM @ 72V, equal to 11.39kV

Did you already tried your motor on the road?

Sweet build. What top speed are you getting? How do you like it?

ecycler said:
Sweet build. What top speed are you getting? How do you like it?
Well the bike is in final assembly now, so I can't speak to how much I like it yet. The sneak peak pics Cedrick@NYX has shared with me, have me really excited.
It's been tested to about 52mph/85kmph. But will be dialed in per my request to 60mph/99kmph. High speed runs are fun once in a while. But this is going to be more of an off road build.

Here is a pic Cedrick sent me today. I can't wait to ride this sweet baby, now the weather is all perfect here. But I've got to wait for a full discharge run before shipping. And in good time no less, as it looks like my bomber frame is about to split in half.

:arrow:
12936549_1183060698379751_7751021367821839971_n.jpg

And she arrived. Went for my 1st few test rides before it got dark. Rides pretty good so far and I'm impressed. Need to make some adjustments to shorten the handlebars and cut the seat post before I can really tell how it performs.
13063260_1193999873952500_5082412129478036813_o.jpg

Image is too big it seems for ES and it only shows the rear tire. Click the link to see it near finished.

https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/13063260_1193999873952500_5082412129478036813_o.jpg

brumbrum said:
So what kind of speeds are you seeing? Is that a 19" moto rim on the QS?

19inch yes.
I've not really done any full speed runs yet (in fact I've not even tested it on boost) Normal was limited to 60A/40mph which is about as fast as I've gone thus far. The bike sits way too high for me at the moment. My feet don't even come close to touching the ground and I'm 5.9
I need to get some adjustments done, handlebars, seat-post and possibly another bracket from NYX to lower the over all height before I'm even willing to do a speed run. As it sits now it would not be safe. However the ride is smooth and the acceleration is pleasurable. Regen is acting up however. In the controller setup under brk limits/settings I see it comes on for a second then seems to stop.

i made my own brackets from 40x80mm ss rectangular section, to suit a longer shock. its basic stuff to make, just need a drill press, angle grinder and good measuring tools.
but praps just swapping the bracket position around would help?
it does feel much more stable/speedy when you are lower to the ground, but you have to watch when you corner hard to keep the appropriate pedal up :lol:

ridethelightning said:
i made my own brackets from 40x80mm ss rectangular section, to suit a longer shock. its basic stuff to make, just need a drill press, angle grinder and good measuring tools.
it does feel much more stable/speedy when you are lower to the ground, but you have to watch when you corner hard to keep the appropriate pedal up :lol:

When i first set up mine i had it at the lowest head angle possible like a downhill mtb but i found that the rear sagged too much when mashing the throttle, and my rear mud guard would hit the shock when under a heavy hit/compression.
I have heard that getting the shock as horizontal as possible is best. You may also find, as i did , that changing the geometry of the rear shock also changes the spring rate needed to achieve desired sag.

brumbrum said:
ridethelightning said:

When i first set up mine i had it at the lowest head angle possible like a downhill mtb but i found that the rear sagged too much when mashing the throttle, and my rear mud guard would hit the shock when under a heavy hit/compression.
I have heard that getting the shock as horizontal as possible is best. You may also find, as i did , that changing the geometry of the rear shock also changes the spring rate needed to achieve desired sag.

I suspected that might be the case with the different shock angles.
I must have been lucky cause I used a 240mm/450lb spring rshox cage shock that normally would be much too long for the stock brackets. by extending the length with a 'longer'
rear bracket, it gets everything just right for on-road riding with a 80kg rider..

One inch removed from each handlebar. Few inches off the seat post. Everything feels much better now, and my toes can touch the ground at a stop light without having to jump off the seat.

Ordered new ODI grips, wuxing thumb throttle to use for left handed variable regen (think one of you mentioned using this before), and few lighting options last night. I think I really like the crystalyte half twist throttle. I hope that can be switched out fairly easy and made to work with the adaptto. Then I should be happy. Well more happy vs the grin that already goes ear to ear.

Tested boost mode a bit. Thing was trying to pull a wheelie at 40mph/64kph. :lol:
I think I want to find a better balance of normal mode. Say 75A speed limited to 60mph/96.5kph. Will the controller have to be re-calibrated or can I just change the max values?

nice. this might let me mount the shock with the piggyback chamber at the top, and so then not faul on the mudgaurd :)

Bikes been running great. Swapped out the grips to the ODI Ruffian's. 130mm on the left. 90mm on the right. Rewired up the regen to use a smaller 16mm metal momentary push button. I guess I really don't care about variable regen all that much anymore. Much cleaner look and feel now. Been riding more in boost mode, but still have not got it fully up to speed. Just nowhere to run around here. It's all stop and go traffic which kind of makes the 5T perfect. I've never overheated the motor. Did have one pinch flat so far. That's the only draw back with the SR244's tire is that you can't really tell when the air pressure is too low.

I checked my power stats today and noticed it looks like my top speed so far was 58mph at 11kW. I don't even recall doing it. I just ride.

Back