Opiniom for two brushed controllers connected in series to divide the voltage between the two.

matamipru

1 mW
I have a scooter sxt 1000w turbo, with engine my1020 48volts, 3000rpm 26.7 ampres.

Specifications attached photos.

Transmission reduction is 4: 1 and I want to reduce to 6: 1.

Tire circumference is 0.87 meters. I think of setting this to 50km / h with the 6: 1 reduction.

Incredibly the result coincided with 24s li-ion. I have have left over 200 cells 18650 of 8.14 w / h and a bms 24s 60 amps :).

I imagine it will be very good to climb steep slopes.

Can someone throb over the autonomy that I will achieve under these conditions? weight of the scooter is 50kg my weight 80kg = 130kg total.

problems appear:
lvc of the controllers lead compatible with lithium batteries, high price of the good controller for high voltage, large size and with very exaggerated power.

in this case I think of serially connecting two 36v / 1000w controllers to divide the voltage between it and each operate at 50.4 volts when the li-ion 24s battery is fully charged.

I did not find it convenient to touch the lvc of these controllers. many smd components i do not understand much of electronics and i think that only lvc is not needed, other output voltages, brake, accelerator would also be changed.

I ask my friends who came here to read this long text: Can this work?

my big thanks for all your attention !! Thank you, my name is matheus.

Attachments

• my102-diagram.png
    my102-diagram.png
    6.2 KB · Views: 326
  • 1020-1000W48V.jpg
    1020-1000W48V.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 326
I don't think series connecting controllers will work--the voltage isn't likely to be divided equally between them especially under load, and I don't know how you would run a single motor from them (because you'd have to parallel the outputs, which would short across one of them if they were in series, placing all the voltage across the other controller).

You're almost certainly going to have to use a single controller capable of the full voltage you're after.

Another problem is that the motor itself will probably require significant extra cooling to survive more than bursts of the higher power levels. Run constantly or even just longer periods with up to double the power is likely to overheat it, damaging or destroying it.

You're probably going to need a much bigger motor to do what you're after.

hello friend, thank you very much for your attention I imagine that it would be possible to serially connect the phase outputs of the motor. if it is not possible just let me mod on my controller.
I did not find controller for 100 volts of battery fully charged. I found it huge and expensive for 84 volts. without bothering you can you help me to adjust the lvc of the lm39 chip?
my engine can handle 35 amps constantly. I reinforce the shunt with copper 0.5mm², here in Brazil the initial temp is 36 degrees today that it is summer, and the engine continues icy like ice. I think it's 40 amps. (40/25 ...)
27 amp in label motor. Original controller display 30/18 amps. 30 peak and 18 nominal. engine is very large, good efficiency and does not heat up. I am very convinced that doubling these values ​​is safe.
I will be smart enough to touch the motor every 10 minutes, if I heat too much I decrease the shunt shunt x voltage = watts without heating. thank you my friend :bigthumb:

amberwolf said:
I don't think series connecting controllers will work--the voltage isn't likely to be divided equally between them especially under load, and I don't know how you would run a single motor from them (because you'd have to parallel the outputs, which would short across one of them if they were in series, placing all the voltage across the other controller).

You're almost certainly going to have to use a single controller capable of the full voltage you're after.

Another problem is that the motor itself will probably require significant extra cooling to survive more than bursts of the higher power levels. Run constantly or even just longer periods with up to double the power is likely to overheat it, damaging or destroying it.

You're probably going to need a much bigger motor to do what you're after.
hello friend, thank you very much for your attention I imagine that it would be possible to serially connect the phase outputs of the motor. if it is not possible just let me mod on my controller.
I did not find controller for 100 volts of battery fully charged. I found it huge and expensive for 84 volts. without bothering you can you help me to adjust the lvc of the lm39 chip?
my engine can handle 35 amps constantly. I reinforce the shunt with copper 0.5mm², here in Brazil the initial temp is 36 degrees today that it is summer, and the engine continues icy like ice. I think it's 40 amps. (40/25 ...)
27 amp engine display label. Original controller display 30/18 amps. 30 peak and 18 nominal. engine is very large, good efficiency and does not heat up. I am very convinced that doubling these values ​​is safe.
I will be smart enough to touch the motor every 10 minutes, if I heat too much I decrease the shunt shunt x voltage = watts without heating. thank you very much

Back