Oregon e-bike rebate bill

Feel free to move this if there's a better forum:

Oregon is maybe going to pass an e-bike rebate program, up to $1200, which is super exciting BUT seems to only include pre assembled e-bikes which...sucks.

"(3) To qualify for the rebate under this section, a qualifying individual must purchase an electric assisted bicycle or cargo electric bicycle and qualifying equipment, if any, from a qualifying retailer in this state. The electric assisted bicycle or cargo electric bicycle must have a minimum retail sales price of $950. Qualifying equipment must be purchased as part of the same transaction as the electric assisted bicycle or cargo electric bicycle."

Thoughts? I live in oregon and am planning on calling the bill's sponsors (I want a rebate damnit!), I'm assuming their responses will be something like "diy e-bikes sound dangerous and scary and probably overpowered, you're insane." What would you say? What kind of middle ground do yall think could be struck? This seems like a marginal enough bill that public input might actually make a difference.

Full text (it's not that long) : First look at Oregon's new e-bike rebate legislation

Well, if you could find a "qualifying retailer" willing to think outside the box, they can source(i.e. diy) whatever bike you commission/request.
I would guess it revolves around liability/warranty for the retailer.

Just did my taxes in Michigan. I would have loved to get the rebate for electric vehicle, as I finished my e-moto last year. Sure enough, it has a to be a purchased electric vehicle from a list of approved vendors.

Back