• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

park board and composite mount...and blow up

the latest board.JPGmy stuff blew up while trying to run an 8s esc. and the nunchuck receiver died with it. this is a picture of a 6s replacement esc. just waiting for a receiver.
also this battery is too big for the Velcro at 4s. I've got others 4s that I split and reshrink wrapped and they really stick well

not my best video. a bit drunk. but the blow up is such great footage I had to put it up

Attachments

• blow up.MOV
    3.1 MB
Looks partly like a short circuit to me. They were always damaged after running not upon connection.

But sure. Send it back and I'll comp you for a newer one. Those are the Flier/APS quality ESCs that everyone seems to still love (not me). lol jk

cool. hopefully you'll take back the double as well. Including that double I've had 3 flier escs and 2 have blown up! maybe you could swap me the double for a receiver and one of your 6s? I'm sure I've had it a while now but never used it. Rather not take the risk. The board on the one I just blew up was burnt at the wire that connects to the receiver, and the receiver doesn't do anything anymore.

I'd like to get this going tomorrow. making these things there's always a new obstacle.

I had it running the day before on the table as well.
How do these burn up? You say a short circuit. I assumed it was the voltage that was too much and arcs somewhere.

That's a very familiar reaction! SHIT FIRE AAAAHHHH TURN IT OFF!!!

That's an interesting motor mount, What is it?

photo 5.JPGit's a composite of aluminum filled epoxy and carbon. I made a mold and use a vacuum and pressure pot. If you want one.. I'll post a clear resin with a swirl of carbon and Kevlar next. should look fantastic.

My friend films everything while I on the other hand don't like to be in front of a camera almost ever so it made for a rare moment I was glad to be filmed. funny it looks like I'm clutching the nunchuck to my head for safety.

Back