Pas sensor location

nocarrier

1 mW
Is the pickup to far away from the magnets in this location? Im assuming it is.

Anyone have an creative work arounds?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/L3Ske9zXoKQ28V8A2

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=80567&p=1187601&hilit=pas#p1187601

The sideways gap is more important.

It looks like you have the magnet disc the wrong way up. I bet it works if you pedal backwards. Normally, the arrow points the right way when you install on the right (drive) side of the bike and it points the wrong way on the left side. That's not a 100% rule because you can get left side sensors.

motomech said:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=80567&p=1187601&hilit=pas#p1187601

The question wasnt how can I mount the sensor, the question was, is the sensor too far away from the magnets. When I say too far away, im not speaking of the distance between them in and out, or on the y axis. Im talking about how far above the magnets they are, on the x axis. I actually had read the above post already while searching.

It looks like you have the magnet disc the wrong way up.

does the arrow not point towards where the crank arm is spinning? the chinese directions unforunately didnt specify which way it went so I went with install the arrow towards which way it was cranking. Is there a for sure way to know which way the disc needs to go?

Thank you both, I appreciate it.

]Did you read the link I posted?
There is a graphic showing how to bend the alum.support to conform to the bottom of the bottom bracket.
But before you epoxy it there, you need to test. I had to turn my magnet around(remount on the support using the same holes) and I found that out by holding it close to the disc and spinning the crank by hand. You will also see how close it has to be to the disc to activate the system.

motomech said:
Did you read the link I posted?
There is a graphic showing how to bend the alum.support to conform to the bottom of the bottom bracket.
But before you epoxy it there, you need to test. I had to turn my magnet around and I found that out by holding it close to the disc and spinning the crank by hand. You will also see how close it has to be to the disc to activate the system.

I appreciate your response. However I don't believe you read my last reply at all.

The question wasnt how can I mount the sensor, the question was, is the sensor too far away from the magnets. When I say too far away, im not speaking of the distance between them in and out, or on the y axis. Im talking about how far above the magnets they are, on the x axis. I actually had read the above post already while searching.

There is a graphic showing how to bend the alum.support to conform to the >>> BOTTOM<<<< of the bottom bracket.
But before you epoxy it there, you need to test. I had to turn my magnet around and I found that out by holding it close to the disc and spinning the crank by hand. You will also see how close it has to be to the disc to activate the system.
The Sensor goes underneith, not on top.
It must be parallel to the disc.
If needed, the sensor is reversed using the same mounting holes.
It's final position is determined by TESTING.

If anybody isn't reading posts, it's yourself. I'll help you out by saying it one more time: If you have the magnet disk the wrong way (very likely), it'll work when you pedal backwards. If you have it the right way (not likely), it'll work when you pedal forwards.

The axial gap must be about 1mm.

Ideally, the magnets should pass directly over the red bit, though it can tolerate a bit of radial offset, like you have. You'll know if it's OK when you try it. It'll either work or not. If not, you need to change something.

Ideally, the magnets should pass directly over the red bit, though it can tolerate a bit of radial offset, like you have. You'll know if it's OK when you try it. It'll either work or not. If not, you need to change something.

Thank you. This is what I was looking for.

I'll just test with it and see where I get. Thanks for the heads up on the magnet disc. I'll have to make sure it's facing the correct direction.

Back