pedal assist bypass no more available on Eu controller

stein

1 mW
Due to law restrictions here in Belgium(and I supose in the rest of europe) the 48,36 and 24V 20A controllers from crystalyte come without the possibility of disabling the pedal assist system now. This means you always have to pedle before the controller starts. This is very inconvenient for testing at home, and when you get tired of pedalling :). Also the pas system is way to slow to ride comfortable with.
The switch is still present, but in place of disabling the pas sensor it makes thotle 100% now. So you don't have to use the throttle anymore but we have to peddle.

Before I had an older controller, with the same lay out as in Canada. It broke down and I have gotn a new one under warranty. I had to leave the old one in the store for research so I can't see where the switch used to be wired to. Now I do not know where I have to solder to make pas sensor disabled again. Could anyone guide my with a picture where I should solder?

Also I thought it could be interesting for users in Canada to know where you can wire a switch on the controller to get throttle 100% all the time. You see the brown cables on the picture, that is how it is soldered. Onto diode5 and R11.

View attachment 2
IMG_0002.JPG
IMG_0003.JPG

just curiosity, what happens if you remove the jumper plug at "J6"?

rick

PAS is usually just a magnet + reed switch combination, it needs to recieve pulses across it to function - what happens when you just bridge the connector?

Rick,

I think that was a verry usefull reply, I never payed attention to that jumper, but a short cut jumper is indeed always suspisious and means that an open jumper will propably do something else. I am going to try it right away. Will let you now what it does.

Thanks,

Regards.

Stein

Ok Rick,

The answer was so right in front of me, that I couldn't see it. By removing the jumper, the pas was disabled.

Thank you a lott.

Stein

i just got lucky. besides i always get curious when i see a jumper.

rick

Back