Noise from rear hub after indtaling Kt controller

Janjuul40

1 µW
Hello.. i have a problem with my bike.. i have changed the controller, screen pas sensor to a kt system.. but now my rear hub is very loud noise everything time pedal i engaged.. before it had no Sound ? Any idea what the problem could be ? It sounds like a grinding Sound ? All system is brand new except the rear hub motor

I've found that KT controllers follow the wire color schemes used by other major brands. I wouldn't expect that the motor wires are cross-wired, but a miswired motor that runs will be very noisy with low power. That is something to check.

If you think the wires are correct, it could be a bad controller. Over a dozen KT controllers installed, I had one that caused the motor to growl after an install. The bike ran, but made a growling noise, It was a bad controller fresh from the seller. Something wrong with the electronics. New controller needed.

Post a video on youtube and link it. If the bike can be ridden, I think it's probably the controller.

If both controllers used the 9 pin motor connector, then you can't miswire it.
F1181450.JPG
If they used this kind, the white connector might have mismatched colors on either side.
F1181449.JPG

Last edited:
Back