Photos of how to stop flat tires.

macribs said:
rumme said:
there were many people claiming that the stock rims on the DOLOMITE fat bike, did not have enough of a rim lip, to properly seal a tire on it with a tubeless setup.
Well I retract my previous statement.
Tubeless should work on most tire/rim combos. Some odd rims might not work while other will. You just got to try until you find your right combo

So-called "ghetto tubeless" is more versatile than purpose made tubeless, in terms of the rims that will work.

My experience with tubeless tires is the same as Chalo. My coworkers, my customers, and myself all having sealing issues, 'spooning out the cheese curds' (lol), and redoing it all over again. Not to mention the beads of sweat that form when hearing the tire pop into place (during inflation), after having a few explode for some reason.

One time, I had a high-end alloy rim give way, and bend outwards at 50 psi, and pop the bead off. On the camera footage, all you see is me filling the tire, followed by a white mushroom cloud of aerosolized latex sealant engulfing me.

Tubeless works great on cars. The technology works. I feel the bicycle industry still has yet to refine and perfect the system.

Now, there are some rare occasions when someone gets a really good seal. They're the ones who say tubeless is great. Good for them. It's not typical, and should not be expected for everyone else.

For what it's worth, I use a 700x35c CST Classic Breaker with TR tubes. They're e-bike approved, not that it really makes a difference. I figured why the heck not, just because it says so, lol. I like the tread, tough sidewalls, reflective stripe on the sidewall.

Back