• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Ping v2.5 BMS dead?

mrzed

100 W
Today my power cut out on my ride. It was normal power levels until - nothing. CA screen faded in and out, and was showing voltage in the 20's (on a 48v battery) during this time.

Checking the BMS - one LED is staying constantly lit - on the end of the group. I can't tell for sure without a closer look in good light, but it appears one or two small resistors opposite the lit LED are burnt.

My main question is - what can I do to prevent damage to the battery, or determine if the BMS took the battery out with it?

Battery is 48v/15ah ping v 2.5.

Thanks

First unplug the bms, in case it's draining one cell group or something. Then get a voltmeter, and probe the connectors on the plug to the bms to see what the battery voltages are, for each group of cells.

Start on one end of the bms plug, and figure out which way to put the probes on the first two sockets of the plug to get a positive reading on the voltmeter. Then march down the plug moving one socket at a time, to get a reading on each cell group.

Back