Portland - PSU Friday, April 22 Earth Day Event

It was a great day! Enjoyed talking with everyone and getting the chance to help inform the many interested students, faculty and the community. I was able to get my Cobra close enough to be completed to bring it along.

I noticed OregonLive.com mentioned Endless-Sphere

http://blog.oregonlive.com/higher-education/2011/04/portland_state_university_cele.html

So whats our next event?

Ill post pictures from today later tonight

Thanks SunCoaster and everyone that as able to make it there today

greenerwheels

I'm wrecked from pedaling 22 miles today and standing for like 6 hours....
But yeah, i'd do it again tomorrow if need be.

Lol, came up on this via a google search..

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/mis/2341659149.html

Even though not all of your experiments worked, I was definitely attracted to you enough that I'm surprised it didn't show up on the volt reader.
Want to preform another chemistry experiment with me?

You - brown hair, glasses
Me- Blond hair, glasses, grey jeans

LOL.. I think this was directed at the wind guys..

Ok, I didn't post pictures last night, I think I went comatose after I had dinner, it was a long day, but a great one! As promised pictures for your enjoymentbiohazard.jpggreenerwheels_cobra.jpgView attachment 3herrsprocket_biohazard.jpgvelo.jpgpassenger.jpg

I've got more I should put them on Picasa, but to be honest I'm interested in spending time messing with that much as I am using Facebook, I'd really rather be back out in my shop building something. I hope everyone had as fun much as I did, Suncoaster suggested we our next get together as a non static event, sooooo lets get some suggestions going, heck two days in a row with no rain, I'm thinking summers half way over!

Enjoy
Greenerwheels

Dang it, just posted a reply and it got lost somewhere in the void, don't you just hate that? :evil:

As I was saying, indeed, it was a really nice day with a lot of very enthusiastic onlookers that were enamored with the electric assist booth (probably a combination of us being the most interesting of displays and maybe a bit of the fact this was the first time in weeks upon weeks that we have had a sunny day,,, NO RAIN !! ). I'm going with the former,,,,,

It was a hoot, no doubt for us as well as the passersby. I think it surprised quite a few of them about the ease of use these critters offer, not so daunting after all, these electric bikes. Even though everyone's ride was somehow just a bit different from each others, some more than others, but all very very well thought out and functional. I enjoy that part, the ingenuity to put together each of these rides in slightly differing ways but all function and perform wonderfully.

Thanks Duane and David for the test rides. That's the first time I've had a chance to ride a BMC powered rig and a MAC motored bike. Amazing products both, very quiet, certainly torquey enough and both were easy peasy to pedal, human power only. I like that very much ! 8)

As a group we had discussed getting together for a "non static" event. The only thing I can think of may be hooking up at the Human Power Challenge out at PIR this Memorial Day weekend (May 28 - 29th). Some years back, I got the OEVA (Oregon Electric Vehicles Assoc) to join us with a static display of their vehicles and that was a great addition to our symbiotic party out there. And about 4 years ago, I started the ePower Challenge to coincide with the HPC event at the same time, the ePower Challenge being the first insured, legit electric assist bike race in the USA, so I don't think the HPC folks would balk at having our presense at the track. I ain't the chief cook and bottlewasher for that outfit anymore, but I think it would be very doable if we want to have a bunch of us out there, we just need to approach the OHPV (Oregon Human Powered Vehicles organization) who run the show and see what they think. The "non static" part of it may be a bit more sticky, we would need to get insurance to run around on the track, and that will have to be talked about. But if folks are interested, we should start a dialogue soon, as in, now-ish, it's only a little over a month away and it will take some doing to get it lined up. This may also give a few more of the folks who wanted to be with us yesterday, a chance to hang with the group in a month from now.

Thoughts?

Tom

Well kind of hard to deny I was there on that beautiful day giving all as hard of time as I thought I could get away with. Greenerwheels suffered the could not balance on a three wheeler so made a four wheeled bike and mi7d1's co-pilot, loved by every one by the way, was just a snack dog not big enough for a whole meal. ;^) It was my first real day out much in six weeks cuz of a hospital stay and recouping and all. First time out on sixty volts as well I managed 13.4 miles on my main pack a123 18s2p and got the rest of the way home on an old 48V pack. I am going to check out top speed as soon as I feel a bit more stable on my feet and bike. Enjoyed the day and the company thanks guys. Hope to see a bigger crowd at the next event.

Back