Pouch cell

Yes exactly.
If you buy any commercial lipo pack, they are only glued to each other, have nothing between them, that’s what I did, the cells don’t move or rub a mm, also this pack was installed under compression, there is no movement at all.

If you buy any commercial lipo pack, they are only glued to each other, have nothing between them, that’s what I did, the cells don’t move or rub a mm, also this pack was installed under compression, there is no movement at all.
Just because you have experience with poor grade " commercial retail" lipos doesn't mean they last.

I have experience with a lipo cell that lasts much longer than a 1,2,3 year life. I talk about 10-20 year life.

Typical hobby grade " commercial lipo" lasts 200 cycles, one to three years.

I am talking 30, 40, 50,000 cycles to a % DOD. ten year lifespan minimum.

50,000 > 200.

If you want the pack to last 200 cycles, use no protection.

If you want the pack to use 50,000 cycles, .... There are " commercial lipos" that can do this. They are made from retailers such as Chevrolet or Ford... are true lipo, last longer than a hobby grade junk 200 cycle... lipo with no protection.

10 years or 2 years, your choice. Friend. trust me, hobby grade is bare minimum and average life is 200 cycles...not 20K - 50K.

yes you might not see it but I do. I do. I do not know if this is the first pack you make.

Just because you have experience with poor grade " commercial retail" lipos doesn't mean they last.

I have experience with a lipo cell that lasts much longer than a 1,2,3 year life. I talk about 10-20 year life.

Typical hobby grade " commercial lipo" lasts 200 cycles, one to three years.

I am talking 30, 40, 50,000 cycles to a % DOD. ten year lifespan minimum.

50,000 > 200.

If you want the pack to last 200 cycles, use no protection.

If you want the pack to use 50,000 cycles, .... There are " commercial lipos" that can do this. They are made from retailers such as Chevrolet or Ford... are true lipo, last longer than a hobby grade junk 200 cycle... lipo with no protection.

10 years or 2 years, your choice. Friend. trust me, hobby grade is bare minimum and average life is 200 cycles...not 20K - 50K.

yes you might not see it but I do. I do. I do not know if this is the first pack you make.
I think you are stressing too much on not having something to separate the cells other than glue. I myself have managed various pouch cell packs and most of them are glued. Here you can see the original battery from the original stealth bomber Australia. The cells are soldered and glued, this battery lasted 10 years.

IMG_3491.jpeg

And no sir, I would not want my pack to last 50.000 cycles, I would not use a pack with 50.000 cycles and feel safe because the cells are separated. The cells used are rated for 2000 cycles, I would not use them after that.

Last edited:
I put one of my packs together with copper rivets working from one end to the other if I have to take them apart I'd have to drum apart from one end to the other.
Party line has the cell setup or you can't really replace a cell without great difficulty you can also bolt them together. I showed you away earlier you can also use clips as d****** dog show to you. Some of these ways these people are building batteries and me with rivets once you're done you're in the corner and done you got to step out you can't take it apart and replace a cell.

I put one of my packs together with copper rivets working from one end to the other if I have to take them apart I'd have to drum apart from one end to the other.
Party line has the cell setup or you can't really replace a cell without great difficulty you can also bolt them together. I showed you away earlier you can also use clips as d****** dog show to you. Some of these ways these people are building batteries and me with rivets once you're done you're in the corner and done you got to step out you can't take it apart and replace a cell.
I like the long bolt setup ,do you set a gig with pounch so the holes line up,

A gig is always best. Use refrigerator water hose it's really strong to put over the long bolt for insulation between series.
Big pouches are easiest and always best with fewer connections.

Back