Programming cycle Analyst CA3 for my handcycle

djc165

10 mW
Can anyone help me with CA3 getting my settings right for AutoTorqPAS??

Any help appreciated!

Help needed programming cycle Analyst CA3! Anybody any good setting up CA3? I'm trying to set AutoTorqPAS – AutoPAS with RPM-Proportional Assist.

Any help appreciated.

Help needed programming cycle Analyst CA3! Anybody any good setting up CA3? I'm trying to set AutoTorqPAS – AutoPAS with RPM-Proportional Assist.

Any help appreciated.

Can anyone here help? I need help programming cycle Analyst CA3 for my handcycle! Anybody any good setting up CA3? I'm trying to set AutoTorqPAS – AutoPAS with RPM-Proportional Assist.

Any help appreciated.

Hi All,

I have a handbike with a Gmac motor, Phaser runner and Cycle Analyst CA3 with LiGo 36v 2.75ah 99wh 15a max discharge batteries (until new battery built). I'm a total Electronics novice, I currently have PAS sensor working but I'm used to a torque sensored motor so the cadence PAS sensor feels like the motor is doing all the work and I'm doing very little - I only want power 'assist'. I want to get the CA3 to 'imitate a torque sensored motor using the advice from the 'Unofficial CA3 guide' to set AutoTorqPAS – AutoPAS with RPM-Proportional Assist but the settings are not working for me!

I have 20 magnet PAS could anyone please have a look at my attached settings and change for settings you best think might work?(remember I 'm only using my scrawny arms to pedal!)

Also, My throttle settings are completely wrong...I want throttle to come in slowly and accelerate evenly not all at once! As I only really use this as hill starter. Any help here much appreciated!

As far as I know, ALL my settings may be wrong! :shock:
Any help with these settings massively appreciated, it's getting very frustrating!

Cheers!
Dom
mCDN5AI.png
bmdr0ow.png
View attachment Dom torque pas Setup 1.hex.zip

For your throttle, the Full Throttle Threshold looks odd to me. It would normally be higher than the Max Throttle Output. That may cause it to feel on/off, since you'll be outputting full throttle when your holding the throttle half way. The CA will tell you what the actual voltages are when you are in the setup mode, so I believe whatever it reads with the throttle wide open should be the value to use (usually a little over 4V).

EDIT: based on your description, you don't have a torque sensor PAS. You have a basic cadence based PAS, so you need to use the Basic PAS setting. Then, for the PAS configuration, you should use Basic (Pwr). Once you set those two parameters, then the correct options for scaling apply.

A torque sensor PAS usually replaces your bottom bracket (there are a few other types that attach near the rear freewheel), not the type that attaches to the bottom bracket spindle.
https://www.ebikes.ca/shop/electric-bicycle-parts/torque-sensors.html

Brilliant, thanks E-HP for spotting one of my 'deliberate' mistakes, to see if you're paying attention!!

Seriously though, thanks for your help! :thumb:

I have been trying to follow these instructions set AutoTorqPAS – AutoPAS with RPM-Proportional Assist (may as well be Chinese for me!)
ptenMac.png

Are my settings for this correct?

Cheers

Is your Cycle Analyst running version 3.0 or 3.1 of the firmware? It's not immediately apparent to me how the AutoPAS with RPM-Proportional Assist differs from the 3.1 option for Basic PAS with RPM scaling (except not having to do the calibration from the hack). Have you tried the basic with scaling to see if that gets you closer to what you need?

PS. Thanks for pointing to the unofficial guide, since mine was an older version, and this one solves a few wiring simplification questions I've been wondering about!

Thanks E-HP,

I have the latest software.

These are the settings I'm trying to get right...
dZfQbiz.png

What settings do I need to put to try Basic with scaling? (sorry I'm a bit useless!)

djc165 said:
Thanks E-HP,

I have the latest software.

These are the settings I'm trying to get right...
dZfQbiz.png

What settings do I need to put to try Basic with scaling? (sorry I'm a bit useless!)

I don't use the PC interface, but I believe:
Device Sensor Type = Basic PAS
PAS Assist Mode = Basic (PWR)

after setting the PAS mode (this is by memory), the next options allow setting the scaling. You may want to set this via the display, since you may be fine tuning that parameter (increase or decreasing to get the effect that you want (in my other post, I messed with the pole magnet numbers to have the scaling occur before 55 rpm, but that's because I typically pedal slower and wanted to still have the scaling).

I'm looking for someone with good Cycle Analyst knowledge in or near London or South-East UK to help me out setting my CA3 properly. I have a handbike so changing settings, testing and changing etc is not very practical for me. I need someone to spend an hour or so with me so I can test-ride and feedback for them to adjust settings. I am willing to travel to you if needed and pay for your time. I'm in North London, any help appreciated.

Feel free to send me a private message and I'll give you contact details. I have a Quattrovelo with e-assist controlled by a CA3 and am quite familiar with the system. I'm in Ware near Hertford.

Back