QS205 3000w vs QS205 5000w

Oh nice, Looking good my friend! I like the red 👌
So that’s an actual B-52 right?
It looks like you have the same rear shock as my clone without the piggy back reservoir. Definitely better than the DNM

Yeah, and to your point who cares who made the motor as long as it works. It’s not like there’s something extra special with QS.

I wish there was a way to make the QS205 about 10 pounds lighter maybe more aluminum parts but they certainly perform well. They’re just heavy is a bag of bricks lolView attachment 332167
Thanks, I bought it in 2013, my first eBike. Stealth just called it a Bomber back then, and it was set for 4500w. The B52s came out the next year in 2014 when my son bought one. I think the only difference was my ca was set for 60 amps. I reset it to 65 amp my bike ran just the same as his bike. Now it destroys his LOL. Back in July when my motor gave up the ghost, we were rat racing home from a local brewery. I should have known better, it was probably 100 degrees that night.

Ok contacted Harry SIA and contacted Alan from QS here with a pm.
Harry shipping. 180.00. Alan. 225.00
Motor 2,000 v3. 244.00. 235.00
404.00. 460.95

This is for a bare motor 2,000w 45mm v3 3t
Why two different prices for same motor
I tried Sia first and Harry took six emails and three emails were just about the shipping cost that he wouldn't commit to.
So I asked Alan here on in the spear threw up p.m. and he gave me the second quote I'm supposed to believe it's the same motor with two different prices.
WHY ???

What’s the weight of the 2,000 45mm?
On AliExpress they do this with pricing as well with their two different stores.
Example: on one store the motor is cheaper then the shipping is way more.
Then on there other store the motor is more money but then free shipping 🤷‍♂️

A lot Chinese company’s do this, a guess for marketing purposes.

I see that with numerous sales sites, where a particular company has the exact same item listed several times in their products, each one with a different price...and the shipping for each one is different...but the total for each one doesn't add up to the same as the others--they're often close, but almost never all the same.

It weighs 1 lb less than the 3000, that's all I can get out of them.
I say it’s too heavy for a MTB frame my friend. Especially if it’s just 1 pound lighter I can see your point with just getting the actual 205 50H. It’s up to you at the end of the day.

What frame will this motor be going on?

It's a giant upland size 21.5 as I'm 6'3" and need the size colmoly frame. As I have one already with 40,000 miles. The slots on the rear axle are enlarged and needs to go.yes 80usd bikes to start. And the homeless look. As they steal bikes at the beach.

Anyone has the phase-phase resistance/inductance specs for QS new V3TI 3000W 205 3T-7T motors.
Getting the info from QS is like asking for state secrets. Lol
Thx.

Anyone has the phase-phase resistance/inductance specs for QS new V3TI 3000W 205 3T-6T motors.

I don't have it for the new one. But I can try to measure it on my older QS205 stators with the DE-5000 LCR meter to give you a starting point if it will help.

@amberwolf-which turn count motor you have. Look like QS don't make 7T motor any more. I am more Interested in the 6T they may still make. Much appreciated.

I got the two stators out, and they have markings engraved on the edge of the support, but they're hard to read.

The one with the missing axle appears to say 30x4, with 33 just past the rivet. THe phase to phase inductances and resistances as measured thru the ~meter-long (8g?) phase wires by the DE5000 using it's shortest are as follows for each of the three phase pairs (I did not note if they were YGB, etc). (I couldn't measure at the windings without removing all the heavy duty fiber insulation wraps on the joints and the tiedowns)
188.2uH 0.044ohm
186.3uH 0.053ohm
186.6uH 0.050ohm
20230714_200425[1].jpg20230714_195902.jpg20230714_195919.jpg20230714_195956.jpg20230714_200011.jpg20230714_200027.jpg20230714_200039.jpg
The one with the broken axle appears to say 40x3, with 11 just past the rivet.
The phase to phase inductances and resistances as measured thru the ~meter-long (8g?) phase wires by the DE5000 using it's shortest are as follows for each of the three phase pairs (I did not note if they were YGB, etc). (I couldn't measure at the windings without removing all the heavy duty fiber insulation wraps on the joints and the tiedowns)
98.5uH 0.023ohm
96.9uH 0.023ohm
97.1uH 0.023ohm
20230714_200203.jpg20230714_200207.jpg20230714_200242.jpg rest of files in next post because it will only take ten per post.

Hopefully that helps someone, even if they aren't the right winding to compare with for yours.

Much appreciated@amberwolf. Wanting to do some simulations on grin simulator. From info seen cnQS, the 40X3 could be a 3 turn and the 30X4 a 4 turn @72V.

Optional: 72V510RPM, winding 19*666

72V650RPM, winding 24*545

72V820RPM, winding 30*434

72V1170RPM, winding 40*323

They not giving any phase/phase resistance or inductance info.
If only grim make a 3Kw low turn count motor.lol

Last edited:
Unfortunately until I can install the new axles and reassemble the (only) rotor I have onto each stator in turn, I can't test for kV / RPM.

But...the second-listed stator (with the sheared axle) came from this
so if he says what speed he got out of the wheel and what size tire and what voltage he ran at, you can calculate what RPM / kV that one is, and then compare that to what they give.

I found the top speed info here
"Top speed with zero flux weakening is 53 mph,", and he's using a 72v (84v full) pack. The current to do this appears to be 300phase amps and 150 battery amps; not all this info is in one post so I don't know for certain that all these things were true at the same time. First post says it's a 19" (MC) wheel, but I don't know the actual tire diameter; didn't see which tire it uses to check that but it's an offroad knobby from the pics. You can probalby guesstimate that, and keep in mind that the loaded speed he got will be some percentage (usually around 15-20) less than the unloaded speed the RPM / kV is based on.

You can then interpolate the other windings from the data on the stators I posted and the info they provide...it's not as good as an actual measurement, but if QS wont provide the info, it'll at least let you do some simulation guesstimates.

BTW, this is the post with my disassembly pics of that stator, which include some labelling/engraving on the covers, if it helps:
1689437268944.png
1689437284619.png

Unfortunately until I can install the new axles and reassemble the (only) rotor I have onto each stator in turn, I can't test for kV / RPM.

But...the second-listed stator (with the sheared axle) came from this
so if he says what speed he got out of the wheel and what size tire and what voltage he ran at, you can calculate what RPM / kV that one is, and then compare that to what they give.

I found the top speed info here
"Top speed with zero flux weakening is 53 mph,", and he's using a 72v (84v full) pack. The current to do this appears to be 300phase amps and 150 battery amps; not all this info is in one post so I don't know for certain that all these things were true at the same time. First post says it's a 19" (MC) wheel, but I don't know the actual tire diameter; didn't see which tire it uses to check that but it's an offroad knobby from the pics. You can probalby guesstimate that, and keep in mind that the loaded speed he got will be some percentage (usually around 15-20) less than the unloaded speed the RPM / kV is based on.

You can then interpolate the other windings from the data on the stators I posted and the info they provide...it's not as good as an actual measurement, but if QS wont provide the info, it'll at least let you do some simulation guesstimates.

BTW, this is the post with my disassembly pics of that stator, which include some labelling/engraving on the covers, if it helps:
View attachment 336607
View attachment 336608
Thank amberwolf. With some info posted by chalo and your test specs will see what grin simulator say.

The info NBP told me was the Qs205 v2 was rated as a 3kw and the Qs205 v3 was rated as 5kw. Dont know the technical difference of the two.

Back