Qs273 heat tolerances

ebike11

1 MW
Hi huys
I remember seeing some numbers related to the qs205 but wondering if there are any spec sheets for the heat tolerances of the motor/phase wires etc at different voltages..??
The qs273 is quite a bit bigger than the qs205 so I cant really go by the 205 numbers.
Thanks!

Well the hall sensors are one concern is they can start cooking regardless of the size of motor. I personally try not to ever go beyond 250° for short periods. I’ve heard some people suggest you can go up to 300° but that seems way too hot for my liking. On average I try to keep my hubs below 200° when possible.

As far as the 273 being able to handle more heat I think it would be the same as the 205. It can just take more power with less heat buildup.

I’m interested to see what other people’s thoughts are on max temperature

Eastwood said:
Well the hall sensors are one concern is they can start cooking regardless of the size of motor. I personally try not to ever go beyond 250° for short periods. I’ve heard some people suggest you can go up to 300° but that seems way too hot for my liking. On average I try to keep my hubs below 200° when possible.

As far as the 273 being able to handle more heat I think it would be the same as the 205. It can just take more power with less heat buildup.

Would those temps be the same for phase wires?
I guess 200 and under would be preferred since a lot of different wires have a max temperature of 200 degrees on the wire sheathing/jacket

ebike11 said:
Eastwood said:

Would those temps be the same for phase wires?
I guess 200 and under would be preferred since a lot of different wires ha e a max temperature of 200 degrees on the wire sheathing/jacket

Yeah that’s a good point about the wires themselves. Maybe that’s how some people short their phase wires out, inside the axle because the sheathing melted.

But yeah if you stay under 200 you’ll be safe for sure.

Back