• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Rad Power 48v Dean Titanium!

I don't know if this is the first titanium e-bike but I think there should definitely be a club. I mean if we are going to spend our lifes fortunes on Lithium we might as well buy the best frames :D

This e-bike rides really nice. The Ti frame is very stable yet it is very smooth unlike a steel frame which is usually bouncy.

Stats:

48v 15 amp/hr PING
48V 30 AMP controller
Dean Titanium Frame
Regen braking

Hope you like it!

e-bike+007.jpg

I'm surprised nobody has ever replied here. I'm curious as to how much weight would be saved with Titanium? Also how do you think dropout strength would compare to ali and steel?

I see all your bikes run regen, what do you use for torque arms.

This bike has been a thrill to ride. I really like the titanium, I feel safer at speed rather than with aluminum or steel. Titanium is super hard but most importantly it is flexy which makes for a comfortable ride over road bumps etc. Dropout strength is much better with ti than aluminum but it is harder to modify because of titanium's hardness. Steel is really nice to work with and it is strong.

This bike is surprisingly light for it's speed and range. Ti shaved probably 4 pounds compared to a heavy aluminum or steel frame.

I used homade torque arms on the bike on one side and some basic shorty's on the other from ampedbikes.

thanks guys, the box is aluminum flashing material, sorry no pics.

Back