Rad Power Headlight

SteveC

10 W
Question, My neighbor upgraded his Rad headlight, and he gave me his standard headlight. Link to website product
I will use this on a current non-Rad bike. According to Rad's website it is rated for 48 volts.
What I need to know is :
1. What is its voltage range?
2. What are the Juliet pin-outs for positive and negative?

Regards
Steve

1. What is its voltage range?
2. What are the Juliet pin-outs for positive and negative?
The voltage range would need to cover a fully charged 13S pack, so more than 54.6V. However, a popular upgrade for some of the RAD bikes listed under compatibility, is upgrading to 14S (52V nominal), which charges to 58,8V, and I haven't heard of headlights burning out, so it's probably safe to assume 60V or possibly greater max.
Can't see the pins on the pic in the link, but perhaps you can post a pic once you have the unit.

The polarity is most likely marked on the light's internal PCB, and you can use a multimeter to correspond those solder pads to the plug pins. You can also amputate the Julet connector in favor of something else, like JST or 5.5mm DC plug.

There are a lot of cheap 12-80V nominal lights out there, and I wouldn't be surprised if that's what you have there. The PCB might just tell you that too.

I used a spare two pin Julet connector, that I plugged into his Rad's headlight voltage feed connector. Used the multimedia to determine which pins were positive and negative.

Back