RC Motor faces "bolt pattern"

fitek

1 kW
Hey folks, just wondering how much similarity there is between the "bolt pattern" on faces of RC motors? I had a mount machined for my Hyperion RC motor that has been working great, and I was thinking of having a few more made during the holidays but I would probably get some of the HobbyKing motors next time. The HK web page does not describe the "bolt pattern" on the motor face. Is there some "standardized" way to mount similarly sized motors? Or should I leave the face unmachined for when I actually do get the motors...

if nobody else posts before this evening, I'll upload the hole dimensions and spacing for Hobby-King 50mm and 63mm motors.

file.php

All right, look forward to it.

The 50mm diam motors are 30mm
63mm diam motors are 30mm and 44mm depending on the model
The 63-74 is 44mm but you can mount them at 25mm by removing the the end bell plate retaining screws and replacing them with longer screws.

The older 48mm diam Hyperions are 25mm. Not sure on the new ones. I think they are different again.

I setup two bolt patterns on my drives, 25mm and 30mm set 45% around from each other. This covers most motor combinations.

Kepler, I'm glad you chimed in, you have experience with a greater variety of motors than me. I've handled a couple of Turnigy 63mm motors, and one 63mm from Exceed.

Smaller BDC is 30mm, and the larger BCD is 44mm. The tiny print states 4.2mm for the hole diameters, and I have been using 5/32”-0.156” drill bit with no problems so far...

Fitek, if you need one of the X-mounts, I can send you one. I dont use them.

RC_holeLayout.jpg

Back