Recommend a 48v (+) 1500W controller.

kingjamez

100 W
I am building a rear hub motor bike from a cheap ebay kit. I'm happy with the quality of the motor, but the controller is lacking. I'd like a controller that has the following features:

1. 1500W of continuous output. My commute has long flat stretches where I can go fast. Minimum voltage is 48V, I'd prefer it it could handle up to 72V.
2. Regen braking, preferably variable or selectable in strength. One portion of my commute goes through many cross streets where I need to stop. I'd prefer to stop with the motor.
3. USB programmable and able to be run headless (no LCD), although an LCD is fine if needed.
4. Sine wave output.
5. Quick throttle response.

I'm playing with the cheap sunwin controllers, but want something better. Suggestions?

-Jim

I'm also building a ebike with eBay 1600w motor kit and will be looking to upgrade controller eventually. Subscribed

Those are a basic infineon kh6. Lots of vendors selling them now. I think even lyen is doing them.

12fet version worked really well with my 28mm DD. 18fets are ideal for large DD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Samd said:
Those are a basic infineon kh6. Lots of vendors selling them now. I think even lyen is doing them.

12fet version worked really well with my 28mm DD. 18fets are ideal for large DD.

I'm having a hard time finding a "normal" place to buy one of these (presumably) KH612 controllers for a decent price. Can you recommend a seller with a real website that doesn't appear to be some dude in his basement importing from China?

Is there a better option? I must admit that I'm shocked by the state of affairs in motor controller information and sales. It seems very amateurish for a product as popular as ebikes.

-Jim

If a person is a qualified engineer with good experience in specifying products being custom made in asia then i wouldn't have an issue with them shipping it from their basement tbh.

Try getting in touch with Kinaye, lyen and powervelocity.

What motor controller information shocks you? Infineon are pretty well documented.

I have the 18fet dead silent never gets warm 72v 85amps. Powervelocity has excellent service he is extremely knowledgeable and has done a lot to improve and update and add features to his controllers. Great service.

Ebikes.ca is pretty professional you can get a controller from them, but the thread you linked with power velocity would be good too.

Back