refuel 2011 Laguna Seca ***today!***

Hahaha - on the warm up lap, I was just thinking you showed remarkable constraint by not passing that guy in front..........then you passed him.

Great quality footage, and the bike sounds evil :twisted:

Congrats Luke! That's just awesome on every level!

I can't wait to be at a race in person!

This really cracks me up because the first bike rendering I did a couple of years ago was a modded bike frame with a direct drive Angi, a 300A kelly controller, and as much lipo as I could cram on it. Once I realized that I was actually going to be developing something to sell to the public, and really thought about going that fast on bike parts, I've refined the design and scaled it waaaaayyy down......a few times! I can't wait to send them a real video of something similar really running! Maybe now they'll understand why my prototype got more complicated.....and much less powerful. I'd bet 99% of the public would have a very difficult time trying to tame a beast like that!

Anyway, I hope you win the next one.......that is unless I show up with something to race.... :wink:

Hey Thud, did you see that? I swore I saw my man yank on the throttle and I wasn't looking at the sky! :lol: :wink:
Just some preemptive shit talk for the next go round. :twisted:

Nice vid man, that motor does sound badass, I'm liking the sound of electric more and more everyday. Your bike definately gives the rest of us something to shoot for Luke.

So no race footage? I gotta admit, I'm kinda disappointed, I thought we would see some electric motorcycles eating your shredded rear tire chunks. I was really disappointed to not get the main event race footage I thought I was filming. I find the GoPro to be less than user friendly.

Hey 8) 8)

What an awesome video, that thing sounds so sick! you breezed past so many of those bikes, of course you cant match the big boys but for a pushbike you can pick up and throw in the back of your car this is simply an amazing machine and for something with no suspension it handles surprisingly well.

Thanks so much for taking the time to post up the video so quickly too, your fast becoming a major player here Luke and your efforts wont go unnoticed on the stink bike forums, they simply wont be able to stay with you plain and simple, they will be so scared of getting their stink asses spanked that they will make another class for ebikes or slap loads of draconian rules on you.

Looking forward to seeing what you do next buddy and Greg was so right this sort of build it race it in a couple of weeks scenario would make a great documentary and unlike shows like OCC your deadlines are not fake TV deadlines and are real burning the midnight oil no sleep deadlines! hey at least there was no way you could catch a nap going round the track! ha ha.

Thanks again...all hail young Elvis! :D

Knoxie

liveforphysics said:
It has a chain and pedals because it's a bicycle! I pedal it around. I pedaled it all around as my pit bike at the track, I ride it on the streets and on bike paths and park it on bike racks and ride down the sidewalks.

100mph, and then park it on the bike rack :) Yes.

It looks like it handles remarkably well at speed! Video is awesome!

RWP said:
Way to go Luke! eBike racing beats MS any way you look at it.
I am happy for you. 8)

Agreed 100%.

Thank you!

Luke's vid doesn't show how steep that corkscrew is. Feels really steep when you're on it. For some reason on vid it looks really shallow, but it aint!

WOW ! That is a great Video, looked like a blast. Way to go ! Thanks for posting it Luke .

Way to go Luke, good job! Wish I would have known there was going to be an event. Might have played too. It is just soooo much fun. We gotta get others to the track so they can see how much fun it is. Bet the MC crowd has more respect for us pedal racers now. Thanks for representing and showing a good time.

Great stuff! loved the squeal at high rpm, very fast for a pusher and just when you thought you were fast the Brammo and Mission silently flew by, sort of reminds me of when my brother would do the same to me on a windy country road disappearing on his Honda cb rr 900 fireblade, knee out tucked right into the corner

LOL at what you named it "Bicycle of Doom"

Here's are some links

REFUEL website: http://www.refuelraces.com/index.html

And the results: http://www.refuelraces.com/results.html

applesawce said:
And the results: http://www.refuelraces.com/results.html

Wow. The Kleenspeed WX10 did a laptime of 1:38.858. :shock: What an awesome effort.

That is not far off lap record time of 1:33.92.
http://www.fastestlaps.com/tracks/laguna_seca.html

Luke, when you get a stronger tire on the back, you KNOW you're gunna wanna slap some wheelie bars on there, right? When you do, get a fire extinguisher aimed at your motor(s). No, not for a fire, I know you're not afraid of fire, think of it as 10 seconds of active cooling, it could be the electric version of NOS, lol (and you can pass it off as safety equipment to the inspectors). Oh, and don't forget the drag chute, attached to the seat post, no less, lol. Those guy's at the paper haven't seen insane yet. Keep having fun man, you're an inspiration.

Back